5.5 or 6mm moissanite

posted 6 days ago in Rings
Post # 2
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2005 - Greenwood

I’m a size 7 and have a 1ct princess cut on a triple row split shank pave band which makes the ring total 1.5 CT’s and after wearing it a while it seemed small. Ring shrinkage is real and not fun! I eventually bought a 2ct moissanite to get over the shrinkage. I would say get what you love but make sure you don’t think you will wish you went bigger because it happens to a lot of ladies I’ve seen on here. Goodluck and congrats!

Post # 3
1626 posts
Bumble bee

Have you gone to this website?  It has a stone size simulator, shows a finger with a ring on, you plug in your dimensions, it’s wonderful!  Don’t forget to change the width of the band too, as that visually makes a big difference!

https://www.diamdb.com/

Post # 4
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Go with the bigger size I am a size 7 1/4 and I had a 6.5MM moissy at one time and it was too small for me after awhile, once you wear something for as period of time it starts to look smaller! Shrinkage happens! don’t fall victim! wink

Post # 5
310 posts
Helper bee

A 6mm is similar in size to a 1ct diamond, looks good on everyone no matter the finger size – go for the bigger one!

Post # 6
318 posts
Helper bee

I would definitely go for 6mm. I like dainty rings and 6mm is similar to just under a .8 carats.  I have a similar size on a 5.75 finger and think it’s a perfect size. I have not experienced ring shrinkage, but am pretty sentimental and am attached to my stone.

Post # 7
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

pixiepie1987 :  I am a size 7 with a 5.5 mm moissy and I feel like any bigger would be too much for me. I personally preferred 5 mm but 5.5mm was the minimum size that moissaniteco.com had for the particular model I wanted and I didn’t want to spend extra to custom make it. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors