(Closed) 5.5 years, 11 months into my own SIUP–Where's the ring?

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: To bring it up, or not to bring it up
    It's ultimatum time : (24 votes)
    22 %
    Sleep on it for a few months until the storm has passed : (74 votes)
    67 %
    Mums the word : (13 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 46
    296 posts
    Helper bee

I agree, but that is the only way she is going to find out his feelings. get out if he’s just draggin’ his feet.Gweatherbug:  

Post # 47
    994 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2018

I’m against ultimatums, but i’m also against the SIUP. I think you should wait out his busy work time (that man doesn’t need more stress!) And then start to have real discussions about it again.

Discussions where you both make firm timelines that aren’t ultimatums, but that show how serious you are about wanting to get married like, yesterday.

Post # 48
    1838 posts
    Buzzing bee

somethingborrowedsomethingblue:  I think you might let wedding season and your birthday come and go before pressing the issue. I’m thinking either you will get a ring soon, or not at all. Either he means it when he says “soon” to everyone, or he just says it to avoid conflict and doesn’t want to get engaged at all. You’ll know “soon” enough. I’d give it until a month or so past your birthday or the last summer wedding you attend, whichever is later. If no ring by then, I think that the “soon” stuff was BS and you need to deal with it. But hopefully you will have a gorgeous birthday surprise instead. 

The topic ‘5.5 years, 11 months into my own SIUP–Where's the ring?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors