(Closed) .5 carat Moissanite – is an Amora enhancement worth it?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Is a half carat Moissy worth the Amora upgrade?
    yes : (9 votes)
    36 %
    no : (16 votes)
    64 %
  • Post # 3
    3452 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t think it is.  The smaller stones are pretty white.

Post # 4
    3241 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I think it depends if you want the stone to be a white as possible or if you prefer the warmer tones.  Which is your preference?

Post # 6
    1622 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve also read that stones less than a carat face up very white….but…..for the small increase in size, and if whiteness is important to you, I’d say it’s a good investment.  You can always order the stone loose and see it in person, then send it back for setting.

Post # 7
    3063 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

No, it isn’t necessary. I have two half carat moissy stones that are my side stones and they are not enhanced, but look just like my enhanced center. 

Post # 9
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

If you’re color sensitive, then yes, I would go with the enhancement. I ordered a .50 carat unenhanced moissanite and it had a bit too much color for my taste, in some lights. Here are a few pics – the first showing color and it actually looks whiter in the photo, the second pic makes it very, very, white but it didn’t actually look like this most of the time, and the third photo is pretty realistic…

The topic ‘.5 carat Moissanite – is an Amora enhancement worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors