5 days late…this test looks way to light?! Been down this path before

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 2
699 posts
Busy bee

Fingers crossed for you; Its definitely positive but I can’t give you advice on the darkness. I too have had multiple early MC and a chemical. Hang in there and try to stay positive; could definitely be your sticky baby!

Post # 3
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

There’s definitely a line, but is it pink in person or greyish? I had a couple tests (and I’m pretty sure another user did as well), where a line showed up, but didn’t have colour, and didn’t progress.

Post # 4
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

when you say 5 days late–as in you are sure you ovulated 19 days ago, or as in you expected your period to show up 5 days ago but you don’t really know when you ovulated?

I agree if you know you’re 19DPO that’s pretty light.. but if you don’t actually know when you ovulated then it could easily be you just ovulated 5-8 days ago and you’re just catching the beginning of a pregnancy, in the which case this line alone is nothing to worry over.

Good luck!! I hope it’s the latter!

EDIT: damn, I missed the part where you’ve seen it this light for 5 days.  Unfortunately I’m not particularly hopeful either if that’s the case. 🙁

Post # 5
842 posts
Busy bee

Oh there’s certainly hope! When I was pregnant, I didn’t even get a positive line until my period was 7 days late, and even then it was super faint! I had an extra test so about 3 or 4 days later I was curious to see if the line would get any darker…it didn’t…but I just put my baby to bed so obviously it worked out anyway! These are just cheap tests, I wouldn’t depend on them too much to determin the viability of pregnancy. Best wishes to you, I hope the hcg results come back with great news 🙂 

Post # 8
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

moto5522 :  I’m so sorry bee.  I’ve been through a chemical pregnancy, too, and know how heartbreaking it is when those lines don’t get any darker.

Post # 10
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

moto5522 :  geez.  I’m sorry bee 🙁

Post # 11
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

moto5522 :  pink is good… but the rest of what you’ve said doesn’t offer a lot of hope.  FX the pee sticks are misleading you and your Dr has better news.  I’m sorry bee, loss is so hard, no matter when it occurs.

Post # 13
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

moto5522 :  FX for you – it is definitely positive. Start that progesterone and keep us updated with what your HCG ends up being. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors