1757 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

If you’re late, a test should be accurate 

Post # 4
2121 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

secretlifeofbees :  Tests will be accurate as of the day of your missed period. There is no way to determine though whether you are actually late or whether you ovulated late. But more likely than not tests will be accurate right now

Post # 5
7716 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

secretlifeofbees :  If your period is actually late, then yes a test will certainly be accurate by now. Many people can get accurate results 3-4 days before their period is due – tests are so sensitive these days. But it could be that you simply ovulated later than usual and so your period is not actually late yet. No way to know – I’d take a test though and if it’s negative and AF still doesn’t show for another week, test again.

Post # 6
1757 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

secretlifeofbees :  yup, go ahead and test!  If your cycles are always irregular and vary, then it’s harder to know when you’re truly late. 

Post # 10
10070 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

I used dollar store tests when TTC. I found they were just as sensitive as FRERs in my case.

Post # 11
6833 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

Take a test now! This could be it 🙂

Post # 13
4093 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

You can get fertile CM more than once in a month, so it’s possible that you had it but didn’t ovulate at that time. It’s also possible that what you’re currently experiencing are ovulation cramps, or even implantation cramps (because maybe you ovulated late, but did get pregnant this cycle). If it’s implantation you probably won’t get a positive test for a few days.

I’d go buy a few more dollar store tests, and teest every few days until you either get a BFP or AF shows.

Post # 14
9823 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

secretlifeofbees :  there is only like 16-17 max from the time you ovulate to the time you will get your period (or a positive pregnancy test).  If you get a negative test tomorrow (you should test again tomorrow) then you 100% did not ovulate on May 6.  Also, some women can “gear up” to ovulate (produce fertile cervical fluid) but then not actually get there.  So they may have multiples patches of fertile cervical fluid in a cycle before actually ovulating.  The only way to actually confirm ovulation is via temping or bloodwork.  

Most likely you just ovulated later than you think you did and pregnancy is still possible (assuming you’ve had sex) until AF shows up.

Pregnancy tests are quite sensitive and most will pick up a pregnancy before your period is due. 

Post # 15
6833 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

secretlifeofbees :  Is checking cervical mucus the only way you’re tracking ovulation? Are you temping? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors