(Closed) 5 days past expected AF now…

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@psyche:  what kind of tests are you using? Some are stronger than others. 

Post # 6
9647 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I would take another test πŸ™‚

Post # 7
4583 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If AF is five days late, any test you take should be accurate. I got a very clear positive on a FRER the day after AF was due. Retest for peace of mind.

Post # 9
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@psyche:  You should always test first thing in the morning with morning pee. 

Post # 10
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@psyche:  AF was six days late one time (due to stress from work/wedding). I’m always right on time, so this was very strange for me. It could just be stress πŸ™‚ I took three pregnancy tests that week and even went and got a pregnancy blood test done…yes, you can say I was worried! lol

Post # 12
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I tested two days after my missed period and got a very clear positive. You could just have a late period, but I would test again to be sure. 

Post # 13
4336 posts
Honey bee

What do you mean “I was fertile on the 1st and 5th, ovulated the 29th of Sept.” If you ovulated on the 29th of September, then the egg was either fertilized or dead by the 30th of September, so you were definitely not “fertile” by the 5th.

Post # 15
4583 posts
Honey bee

@red_rose:  I noticed this but decided not to touch on it at first. But since you brought it up…

OP, if you know you ovulated on Sept 29, then the PP is correct, you would not be fertile on the 1st and 5th of October. You’re fertile for a couple of days before ovulation, and the day of. The egg only lives about a day.

Hope that helps!

ETA: OP, let us know how it goes when you test again!

The topic ‘5 days past expected AF now…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors