(Closed) 5 days to go!… Dress I picked didnt go well with groom’s suit

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Wouldn’t it be cheaper/easier to change just his shirt? The grey of the suit and tie are neutral so what do you think about changing it to a warmer white/cream shirt? That way you can wear the dress you love AND the won’t be bothered by the blue-ish vs yellow-ish tones. 🙂

Either way you’ll be beautiful and I think you should wear what you’ll love the most and feel the most confident in.

Post # 4
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

yea his shirt should be changed to match your dress!! Just go to kohls- they have warmer  white shirts- that what I got our guys

Post # 5
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would just rock your awesome dress! NO ONE will notice if it isn’t an exact match with his shirt!  I’m wearing offwhite, and Fiance decided (even after I told him I’m wearing offwhite, not white) to wear a bright white bowtie and vest (which I hate).  But no one cares- I showed it to all my lady friends, and no one commented on it!

I’m sorry you’re disappointed, I don’t want you feeling “boring” and regretting it!!!

Post # 6
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I love your first dress… don’t change ittttt.

haha not that i have any authority. the first dress is just sooo amazing.

Post # 7
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I agree with lionskitty. Just change his shirt! It’d be fine then. I think grey would go really well with your dress. 

Post # 8
2697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This is silly! Wear your dress.

Post # 9
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Yeah, can’t he change his shirt?

Post # 10
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wear the dress!

Post # 11
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Your groom probably isn’t attached to wearing that particular shirt like you are to your dress. It truly baffles me that you would change your dress because of a shirt! 

Post # 13
363 posts
Helper bee

Also, Darling Husband wore a very white, crisp shirt and I had an ivory dress… It really didn’t matter or look bad or like it didn’t match.

Post # 14
4464 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

NOOOO I LOVE your first dress! Pretty please wear it? Your first dress can totally match an English garden!

Post # 15
701 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think that first dress matches a garden better to be honest

Post # 16
363 posts
Helper bee

How does a whimsical dress not go with an English garden? anyway, its your wedding so if you are happy wearing another dress then good luck and enjoy your day 🙂

The topic ‘5 days to go!… Dress I picked didnt go well with groom’s suit’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors