Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have no idea how to move the post but omg that’s horrible.  =(  

Post # 5
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

That’s so horrible!

My sister was laid off 2 weeks after she found out she was pregnant (she’s public sector and it was a tax issue) and then her husband got laid off 2 weeks after that! There’s never a good time for it.

Now your fiance has a great opportunity to move UP to a better boss! Work situations like that are toxic, good riddance to the boss! Plus, since he was laid off and didn’t quit, you have a little safety net in unemployment for awhile. It’s not an awesome situation, but you have the happiest possible distraction ahead of you with your wedding and marriage :o) 

Post # 6
1414 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

That is awful….so sorry.

Post # 7
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I can move it. where would you like it?

My husband got laid off a few weeks ago and not 5 days later i found out i was pregnant! I’m so sorry you are going through this but know it all works out in the end. can he get unemployment for the time being? hey! at least he has some free time to help with little wedding details here and there. those last few days are hectic!

Post # 8
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

So sorry to hear.  FI was laid off of work a week after he proposed on Christmas Eve 2010.  He hasn’t been able to find a stable job since.  🙁 It’s such a crappy situation to go through.  I wish you two the best of luck.  An early congratulations to you both.

Post # 9
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

That is awful! I can’t relate on the 5 days before the wedding, but I do know how it feels to have the SO let go. It was terrible! 🙁

Post # 10
871 posts
Busy bee

My Fi wasn’t empolyed when he proposed but had a few promising interviews. He is now working for one of Australia’s biggest residential building companies as a site manager.

I hope everything works out for you. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Post # 11
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I moved it to emotional for the time being. if it should go somewhere else let me know! i’m leaving the office but will check back when i get home.

Post # 12
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My guy was laid off last May. It sucks and it’s never a good time. Hopefully the jobs aren’t as hard to come by as they are in other areas, such as here in Ohio, so he can find something he loves soon. Good luck with everything!

Post # 13
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hang in there… my Fiance was just laid off 2 weeks ago right out of the blue after being told the company buying them out was taking everyone on!!! Nope…..

PLEASE TRY to not let this overshadow your wedding day because eventually he will find something and it will all work out..

Best of Luck 🙂

Post # 15
11374 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Oh, I am so sorry!!

Well, if your wedding and honeymoon are already paid for (and I suspect that they would be since your wedding is Saturday), I would do my very best to try to set aside the issues involved with your FI being unemployed until after you return from your honeymoon. Unless there are specific things that your FI needs to do in the next five days (such as maybe filing for unemployment benefits or getting COBRA paperwork started, etc., and sending out a resume or two if he knows of some immediate openings somewhere), I would try to relax as much as possible and focus only on your wedding/marriage and honeymoon and making these the wonderful experiences that you’ve long dreamed for them to be. 

Whatever you do, try your best NOT to spend this whole week and your honeymoon worrying and stressing over this, since there really is little to nothing that you can do about it right now. There will be plenty of time to deal with this situation after you return, and you really do not want to feel as if you “missed out” on your wedding and honeymoon because they were overshadowed by your FI’s job loss.

The topic ‘5 days to the wedding and FI is laid off’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors