(Closed) 5 days to the wedding–Mood: calm

posted 9 years ago in December 2009
Post # 3
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Yay, so exciting!  Its so awesome that you’re calm, you’re like my hero.  I’m pretty sure I won’t be but I’ve been fine thus far so there’s hope.  Although, I’m pretty sure in my case, this is just the calm before the storm.  I hope your wedding is amazing and everything you’ve dreamed of :o)

Post # 4
683 posts
Busy bee

I am so excited for you! Congrats!

Post # 5
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I got the eerie calm too! I think I felt like I’d set up all the dominoes, and knocked the first one over – everything was figured out and set up, and it was out of my hands; things might go wrong (and in fact some did), but I’d done my best and handed it over to my vendors, and that was it.

Post # 6
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsSpinella…now that I know the date (12/22/09)…I am feeling pretty calm myself. I finished up my vows and formatted them to look nice and that was my last big hurdle…other than packing. I am sure that I probably will be a little frantic on Friday b/c I have to finish Christmas shopping before we fly out on Sunday but overall…calm…and a little giddy…LOL

Post # 8
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I’m freaking out!  I have a little more time to go before you, but as of today, I am in total freak out mode!  Ahhhh!  I had a bad, bad, bad freak accident happen with the e-ring, and still have about a gazillion and one projects to complete!!!! I’m hoping after this weekend, which I have set aside as a total project working weekend, that I will be a little calmer!  It’s good that you are so calm though!  I hope to be that calm when I am 5 days out!

Post # 9
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsSpinella….I didn’t choose it. My Fiance planned out entire wedding sans input from me…LOL! We are leaving for Jamaica on Sunday…yay!!

Post # 10
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

About a week before the wedding, it was a little of both. Sometimes I would burst into tears for no reason, and them sometimes a feeling of elation would overtake me and I would feel totally calm.

Honestly, the day of the wedding I was mostly calm and didn’t even cry much..the weekend after was great, but it was the week AFTER my wedding that I got super-emotional and moody. I think all the stress finally hit me after it was over because LAST week was HORRIBLE. I was in SUCH a bad mood, over all kinds of small stuff! My poor hubs didn’t know WHAT the heck was wrong with me, and to be honest, neither did I!

But I am feeling much better this week (my 2nd week of marriage 🙂 and hope to remain that way.

Just remember to relax (sounds like you’re doing a good job) and don’t worry about the small stuff!

Congrats!

The topic ‘5 days to the wedding–Mood: calm’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors