5 days to wedding an BAD WAX!! HELP!

posted 8 months ago in Beauty
Post # 2
577 posts
Busy bee

I’m very fair skinned as well. I stay red for a few days after a wax but it ends up going away. I stopped doing it though as my eyebrows are too thin as it is now from years of getting waxed by different people, etc. I believe they say lotion or aloe. 

Post # 3
861 posts
Busy bee

I use Derma-E tea tree cream after a brazilian, and no redness or swelling! I believe CVS and Walgreens both carry it. Try Aleve, if you aren’t allergic. Cold compresses help too. Be on the lookout for small blemishes that can follow facial waxing. Your face has plenty of time to calm down before your wedding, so you should be fine. 

Post # 4
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: City, State

It’s normal for your skin to be a little sensitive for a day or so. Don’t use moisturizing lotion as it may clog up your pores. Apply polysporin antiseptic cream instead, it’s mild and heals fast. 

Post # 5
6605 posts
Bee Keeper

Do not put anything on your skin. Honestly, just let it heal. Plus, so close to the wedding you may not want to risk a break out or rash from some random skin healing shit. 

Post # 6
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: City, State

It will calm down. I’m an Esthetician so waxing is one of the main things I do. If you really need something in the beginning, use a cold compress or a wet washcloth with apple cider vinegar. 

Since you don’t normally get waxed, you have a higher than normal chance of breakouts afterwards – get some face pads that have salicylic acid on them and use them at least every night (morning too, if your skin runs oily). That will help mitigate it by killing the bacteria that is trying to sneak into your now exposed pores. Good luck!

Post # 7
1260 posts
Bumble bee

It should go away after a day or two. I was red for at least the rest of the day after having a bit of lip and brow waxing done. Not much of it mind you, but the areas did stay red for a while. 5 days should be more than enough. Just try ice / cold water for the day and see what happens.

Post # 8
468 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Mine was threading my entire face, feels like being slapped for an hour ugh!!! It will go away a day or two, and I just use cold wet cloth.

Post # 9
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

ah dont put ANYTHING on it. Just leave it to heal it will heal. This is why I tell people not to do anythin gthey have never done before an important event (beauty wise.) 

Post # 10
712 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

Definitely neosparoin but being so close to your wedding maybe go to a dermatologist see if they can give you anything.

Post # 11
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

I second everything that PP’s said about NOT PUTTING ANYTHING ON IT. Your pores are open and the skin is very sensitive. Anything you put on your face could exacerbate the redness or even cause a rash. Cold compresses are my go to when my skin is irritated from waxing, threading, and Nair-ing. 

Post # 12
Hostess
8547 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

irishgal555 :  How’s it looking today? 

Post # 13
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

I wax all the time and I get hives and redness after waxing for about 12. Hours. Should be fine today. If not, go see a dermatologist. 

Post # 14
3281 posts
Sugar bee

I would also use something with salicylic acid starting in a day or two to prevent any clogged hair follicles. Good Genes is my go to after threading.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors