(Closed) 5 hour Reception /4 hour photo booth..?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Have it during cocktail hour because people will need something to do.

Post # 4
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i would wait until after cocktail hour. give guests a chance to mingle, then give them something to do. if you’re having a plated dinner, there are breaks between courses. if you’re having a buffet, not everyone is eating at the exact same time. (plus by then people get a few drinks in them and you get much funnier photos!)

Post # 5
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Since we are using the photobooth as a guest book we are having it open during cocktail hour. We are paying $50 for the hour during dinner where it will be “idle” and than it will be open again after dinner. So, basically it will be there for 5 hours but we only paid for the 4 hr package.

Post # 7
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Eca813, that’s what we did too! It didnt open until after dinner.

Post # 8
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

We are doing something similar to that for our photo booth. We are having it open for cocktail hour (that’s when we are having pictures taken). Then when we come back after pictures we are having dinner and the photobooth will be shut down for an hour then they will open it up again for the rest of the evening.

No one will be using it during dinner anyways. We did have to pay $25 for the idle hour but it will be worth it. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck.

Post # 9
5800 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

If the “idle” time is not an option I’d open up the photobooth after cocktail hour. Most people will be too busy chatting/getting drinks to use it. Plus the best photos are usually after a couple of hours of drinking anyway

The topic ‘5 hour Reception /4 hour photo booth..?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors