(Closed) 5 inch heels? Am I crazy?

posted 8 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I am wearing five inch heels also, but that doesn’t mean I’m not crazy:) They seem reasonably comfortable but I plan on buying five inche wedge shoes as a back-up. I will change into those once my feet start killing. I figure no one really sees your shoes much anyway. My priority is height, not the shoe itself) Oh and I also bought those heel and toe cushions so that should help.

Post # 4
3564 posts
Sugar bee

My friend wore 5 inch Loubies to her wedding. She ended up changing into platform flip flops like half way through the reception. You might want to have more comfy shoes on hand, just in case!

Post # 6
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I went sky high…. bad move.  Not that you shouldn’t do it!  But, have a pair of flats around as a back up.  As soon (and I mean as soon as) the formalities were done, I kicked those bad boys off and never wanted to see them again!  I also took them off whenever I could.  From the ceremony to the grass where we did formal pictures, then from there to the suite, the suite to the reception, and so on.  My feet were soooooo pissed by the next day.

Post # 7
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

5 inch heels with a 1 inch platform is the comparable to a 4 inch heel- not sure if that makes you feel any better. I have no problems with high high heels, I wear them every day. Go for it, if it’s what you want.

Post # 8
6597 posts
Bee Keeper

I couldn’t do it!

But you know your feet best!

Post # 9
2397 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I agree with Miss Booboo, 5″ with 1″ platform is pretty much like walking in a 4″ heel, in terms of comfort.  I wore 4″ heels to our wedding and I was fine, although I wear heels all the time.  🙂  Just bring a backup, just in case!

Post # 10
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I think if you can do it and that’s what you want to do, you should go for it! I know for me, I have 3 inch heels that I will have to practice my butt off with not to look like I’m wearing stilts but that’s only because I don’t wear any heels at all and I’ve never worn heels higher than about 2 1/2 inch in my entire life! But I know there’s lots of ladies out there, who as a rule, don’t feel comfortable in anything less than 4 inch heels! So I think you know your feet better than anyone and you would be the best judge as to whether or not you can handle your shoes 🙂

Post # 11
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

good luck! i never could do it

Post # 12
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think as long as you have a platform and are used to high heels you should be good, it makes the higher heels more comfortable.  Mine are 4.25″ with a .5″ platform, and they’re pretty comfortable.  I wore them around the office the day I got them as a test. 

Post # 13
4419 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I think you’re only crazy if you are not used to wearing that kind of shoe with that high of heel.  If you are used to 4″ heels, you should be fine. But if you aren’t, you may be sorry by the end of the wedding.

Post # 15
5147 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I hugely depends on the shoe. I have a pair of Jessica Simpson heels that are 5″ and I can play pool at the bar all night in them. Yet a pair of 3″ heels I have finally ended up in the trash because I couldn’t even wear them to work (I have a desk job, so I sit all day, but even trips to the bathroom killed me in them!).

Post # 16
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I recently purchased these in red for a wedding we’re going to in August:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+valentine+pump?prodId=210174&productRef=SEARCH

I’m also pretty good in heels, but I really don’t like to go higher than 3 inches if I can. I was hesitant to buy these because of the 4-inch heel, but holy poop, they are amazingly comfortable. Like, no kidding. They have these padding things built in in the balls of the feet, and also on the outside of the shoe for no skidding. They’re amazing, and you can’t beat the price!

I wore 3-inch heels at our wedding, and I was fine until an hour before our reception ended, and I was in them for about nine hours before that, mostly standing for photos and such.

Five inches bothers me a bit, but as others have said, with a platform, it will feel like 4, so I say just use your best judgement and buy a pair of wedge flip flops for later in the reception.

The topic ‘5 inch heels? Am I crazy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors