(Closed) 5 inch heels? Am I crazy?

posted 11 years ago in Shoes
Post # 32
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i wear 5″ heels on a daily basis so it won’t be a problem at my wedding, but if you are not used to it, definately bring an extra lower heel or flat

Post # 33
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

my heels are 5″, with 1″ platform, so it’s like wearing 4″ heels. plus, if you could, you might want to choose the one with straps on the ankle. For me, the straps makes it more comfy as my feet don’t have to work on lifting the whole shoes.. (not sure if this makes sense or not lol sorry!)

Post # 34
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am right there with you, girlie! I’m rocking 5 inch heels because i’m a whopping 5’2 and my FH is 6’4… yikes! I would remind you to break in your wedding heels so they’re more bearable the day of- and if you can get those platform flip flops as back up for the reception, I recommend it 🙂

Post # 35
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am wearing 5″ heels as well; I wear heels at work all day, so it’s not a big deal to me. I was actually looking for smaller heels, but I found these and had to have them…

[attachment=1198307,152230]

Post # 37
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I would love to try 5 but I’m scared and I wear heels all the time. So I ordered 4 1/2 instead, lol. It’s worth it..and besides, if you wear them all the time, you wouldnt feel like yourself on your wedding day if didn’t have them on!

Post # 38
521 posts
Busy bee

Why not buy them, wear them in your home on carpet for about 5 hours and see how you feel? Make sure you don’t sit very much so its realistic, and that way you will know for sure how you feel in them, no questions? If you aren’t comfy, return them as long as youre inside and carpeted the whole time.

Post # 39
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I wore 5 inch heels from 2:30 when the photos started until 2:00 in the morning and had no issues. I do wear heels all the time though and didn’t even bring a back up pair of shoes, but if it’s not what you are used to then either go lower or bring a back up.

Post # 42
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 1994

i just found this 🙂 you go for it !! i love my 6 inch non platform courts every day , they are worth it especially on your wedding day you can always change later on for some 4 inch 

Post # 43
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I am bringing this discussion back! I, too, will be wearing 5-inch hees. They are wedges though, with a platform, so hopefully won’t be tooo bad as I normally wear flats. But once I started trying on dresses with and without my wedges, I knew I couldn’t go without!

One question – people talk about how you are on your feet all day. My wedding is only the second wedding I’ll have been to, and the first wedding I went to had a lot of sitting. The ceremony is a full Catholic mass so it’ll be a mix of sitting and standing, pictures I guess would be a mix of sitting and standing, transport from ceremony to reception would be sitting, mingling would be standing, eating would be sitting, speeches sitting, first dance standing (obviously lol) and then kick heels off to dance all night! That’s kind of what I’m picturing in my head but like I said I’ve only been to one wedding – can other brides comment on how much you’re on your feet?

The topic ‘5 inch heels? Am I crazy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors