(Closed) 5 Little Kittens (NWR)

posted 6 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

If there mother is there they were probably better off being feral (and only doing a trap to get  them spayed/neutuered) only because I become paranoid about them getting put down in the shelter….

They probably all need to go to the vet to get checked out and then found homes or bought to a local rescue if they have room. Do you have any friends that aren’t allergic who could take them in and give them some more time?

Thanks for saving them from your dogs!

Post # 4
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

How old are they?  If they’re still nursing/not on solid food yet, they desperately need their mom right now, or they need you to bottle-feed them.  Pictures?

Thank you for helping out the babies!!!  😀

Post # 5
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I think you did the right thing by bringing them in!  You can try mixing KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement — comes in cans even at Wal-Mart) with some canned (wet) kitten food and see if they will eat that.  Trust me, it will be messy. 

I would try contacting local rescues as @Eva Peron said…they need to be tested for feline leukemia prior to going to homes (especially if someone taking them in has other cats that are feline leukemia negative).  Kittens need rabies and distemper (FVRCP) shots once they are old enough, and as kittens they will need several “boosters” (not sure if that is the right word), so it’s definitely a lot to take on for 5 of them. I used to work at an animal hospital a LONG time ago, so you could even try to call local animal hospitals because some take kittens in to find them homes (aka without putting them to sleep). 

Good luck! 

Post # 8
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

They look to be about the same age as the litter of strays I’m currently raising.  Those ones are five weeks old.  If they’re eating solid food, they’ll probably be okay, but I would definitely keep trying to find the mom.  They are so darn cute.  Thank you so much for taking them in and trying to find homes for them!

Post # 9
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

They’re adorable!  I hope they will be able to find good homes.

Post # 10
4371 posts
Honey bee

Oh I have such a soft spot in my heart for black stray cats.

Post # 11
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh my goodness, they are so adorable!!!  I’m worried if you send them to a shelter they’ll just get put down.  Is there a Humane’s Society or something that you could take them to?  Good luck, hopefully people will see how cute they are and snatch them right up!

Post # 14
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper

They are too cute!

Thank you for all your efforts!

Post # 15
299 posts
Helper bee

So cute! They look teeny still. You are a saint to take them in even with your allergies. I hope they find good homes.

The topic ‘5 Little Kittens (NWR)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors