5 Love Languages

posted 4 years ago in Relationships
Post # 2
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I often talk of this book.  It makes a difference.  Sometimes I struggle with knowing my love language.  I used to know it was totally words of affirmation.  When I first met my Darling Husband, I thought it was touch. Now I realize it could be quality time.  Blah!  I guess I need to reread the book!!!

Post # 3
Hostess
3781 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

We are both physical touch/words of affirmation. We take time every day to just hang out in each other’s arms and chat. It totally recharges our batteries! I know the book was a little cheesy, but what I took from it has been awesome!

Post # 4
1911 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I recently ordered this book for my hubs because one of his New Years resolutions was to read 2 books a month. I purchased the kindle edition for myself years ago. I think it offers great insight.

Post # 5
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m so glad it helped you to u derstand your SO better! My Darling Husband and I read it together before we got married (per the recommendation of our officiant ) and we got a lot from it too! Sometimes I still tease and say “my love tank is empty” and he knows just what to do to make me feel more loved. My Darling Husband and I also have 2 different love languages so it’s helpful to know one anothers.

Post # 6
Hostess
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We found this book to be really helpful too.  Now we each have a better idea of where the other is coming from, and it truly has strengthened our relationship.  It also gave us a foundation from which to discuss these issues.  It helps to be able to say “I know you’re telling me that you love me in your love language, and I appreciate that.  But remember – we learned that I need to be loved in a different way than you do, so can we adjust a few things?” instead of getting frustrated because one of us isn’t feeling loved and the other doesn’t understand why.  

We even try to make it a point to revisit the book for refreshers every now and then.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors