(Closed) 5 Love Languages – What's yours?

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 62
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This book was pretty helpful.  I thought by the end it got a bit repetitive, but the premise is spot-on and has been helpful for us.

I’m Acts of Service, followed by Words of Affirmation.

Darling Husband is Quality Time, followed by Physical Touch. 

We don’t have overlap, so we have to be mindful that sometimes when one of us is out of sorts or feels neglected by the other, it’s because we are looking to receive love as we give it and aren’t taking the other person’ nature into consideration.  It has been a really good exercise to think more actively about this stuff.

Post # 63
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@classical_wolf:  Quality time followed by physical touch! DH’s is acts of service! We both really enjoyed reading this book!

Post # 64
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@classical_wolf:  Words of affirmation… Very true! Acts of service only a couple of points after!

Post # 65
232 posts
Helper bee

Mine are Acts of Service and Quality Time. SO’s are Physical Touch and Quality Time. 

We can both definitely improve on the differing languages, but I think QT is our strong point ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 67
2684 posts
Sugar bee

Tie between Quality Time and Physical Touch ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s so me. Recieving gifts is least important. I’m a giver, but i loveeeeeeee spending time with him way more.

• 3 Words of Affirmation
  • 9 Quality Time
  • 2 Receiving Gifts
  • 7 Acts of Service
  • 9 Physical Touch

Post # 68
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Hyperventilate:  I agree with the way the statements are worded. I know it says to choose your ‘preference’ but still. 

I do like it when my husband touches me…but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind if he did laundry by himself! 

I also got physical touch, but I would say we’re more quality time people, as all of our bickering and arguments occur if we spend too much time apart during the week.

Post # 69
2359 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Although I got Quality Time, this quiz didn’t really apply to me so most of my answers weren’t really truthful.

The topic ‘5 Love Languages – What's yours?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors