(Closed) 5 Love Languages

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Which love languages are you? (vote for your top 2)
    Words of Affirmation : (21 votes)
    27 %
    Quality Time : (20 votes)
    25 %
    Gifts : (4 votes)
    5 %
    Acts of Service : (9 votes)
    11 %
    Physical Touch : (25 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    1506 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I loved this book. There were a lot of points that I found very helpful in expressing love better to my Fiance and expressing my own needs to him in a way that didn’t seem like nagging. I totally express love through acts of service, while my Fiance is more of a words of affirmation kind of guy. By acknowledging our differences we were able to see how to love each other better.

Post # 4
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I’m a quality time person– less of the deep-thoughts/conversations and more of the just being around my SO.  we go on trips together, go out for food, etc and I get disappointed when plans fall through.

Post # 5
    293 posts
    Helper bee

We have this book (given by a friend) though I haven’t read all of it. But we both knew right away from the descriptions of the love languages that we are both physical touch category! I think quality time would be second.

Post # 7
    285 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

This book is so great, and I think it’s crucial for couples to figure out their love styles. It will help so much with how you communicate and love one another. It’s actually really helpful to identity your top two love languages and then your bottom love language and exchange these with your partner. That way, you can be more deliberate in knowing how to effectively love your SO. We tend to use our own love languages to show love to others, but if these languages aren’t at the top of your SO’s list, he won’t feel as loved. For instance, physical touch is at the top of my FI’s list, but at the bottom of mine, so I have to be very conscious and deliberate in using physical touch to love him since it doesn’t come naturally to me. Although it can be difficult to reorient how you love your SO, especially in those heated moments when you don’t feel like loving him, showing affection in his love language will do so much for him and make him feel so very loved!

Post # 8
    1807 posts
    Buzzing bee

I’m in the ‘gifts’ category and also ‘quality time’. I just finished reading it, he’s going to read it next..I’m interested to hear which he thinks he is! I think he’s ‘physical touch’ and ‘words of affirmation’.

Post # 9
    1807 posts
    Buzzing bee

double post.

Post # 11
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I took this book on my cruise last month and only got to the first chapter. I will be traveling next month for two weeks and planned on finishing it. Already, I know we are different in our languages and like T.R. Bride stated, it helps with both the loving and the heated moments of a relationship.

Post # 11
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Double Post Embarassed

Post # 12
    293 posts
    Helper bee

I would be curious to see this as a poll, wonder if some love languages are more common than others.

Post # 14
    2321 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I would be in ‘words of affirmation’. He is more into ‘physical touch’. We figured this out the hard way already. Better late than never!

Post # 15
    1313 posts
    Bumble bee

I really enjoyed the book… definitely enlightening!

I’m trying to get SO to work on my LL.. I’m definitely Physical Touch/Words of Affirmation. He’s gotten better at the words, but still isn’t on the same page as I am with the touch.

His is Acts of Service, hands down. I feel I do pretty well speaking his LL. He speaks the LL of Acts of Service so well, he’s always doing things for me! Some days, I wish that was my LL 🙂

The topic ‘5 Love Languages’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors