(Closed) 5 months and $3000 HELP

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1780 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@stepchild:  I would try davids bridal or ebay for a quick cheap dress, you may have to buy something off the rack (or a sample dress) with that time frame….check local florists for deals on flowers, and local bakersfor a cake if you want that…..idk what else to tell you as i have never planned one but…ask for discounts and packaging deals….also on flowers….try and avoid things like mass amounts of out of season flowers….esp things like roses wich are really expensive, or look into falsie flowers for decor if you really want more expensive real ones for your boquet….

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Try to buy items that are second hand so you could sell and get some of the money back that you paid for. 

Buy a used wedding dress

Bring your own food

Post # 5
11390 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Call around to see who can do your wedding. They will let you know the best beaches, ect. Usually they have a website, so you can see photos from their weddings. (Google florida beach weddings & you should come up with alot of links.) Pick the best one for you & your Fiance & then you can set the date & have that booked & ready to go. Find a photographer & book that ASAP. Usually whoever you do your beach wedding through will provide you a list of good photographers in the area.

Go dress shopping ASAP. Try Davids bridal (you can look online at their collection.) They have beautiful but cheap dresses!

If you can do hair & makeup do some trial runs on yourself. See if you feel safe doing your own, the day of. If not find someone & get them booked.

I would DIY the food if you can. Maybe even have close family help with that. Grocery store wedding cakes can be very beautiful & very budget friendly.

Thrift stores, dollar tree & places like that have loads of cheap but pretty decorations.

Post # 6
1505 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Cosco for flowers will def. save you money 🙂

Post # 7
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@stepchild:  5 months is plenty of time, imo. You should make a list of everything you need, everything you want (and may not need), and fill in a budget for each of those things. Prioritize your wants, see which ones you can afford. 

I had a small wedding with 50 close friends and family. My budget was $2000. We had held it in a forest and the reception in the backyard, so venue was free. We skipped save the dates and hand made our invitations. I found my dress at an evening gown boutique for onlu $190. I bought supplies from the dollar store to make my centerpieces for the tables (which we rented). I ordered 100 stems of various flowers from bunchesdirect.com– we made all the bouquets and put the extras in our hair and in the centerpieces. We made glass lanterns from cleaned pasta sauce jars and hung them all over the trees. My husband’s aunt made our cake. We had a heavy appetizer menu for food. We were under budget in the end! (But just slightly).

You can do this! I think you might have to do a lot of it yourself, or just be very creative. Search DIY wedding sites for ideas. Don’t stress the details.

Despite our wedding being modest, we’ve had family and friends tell us and write us telling us it was the best they’d ever been to. So don’t let your budget get you down! You can still have a gorgeous wedding.

Post # 8
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@stepchild:  Where in Florida are you? I know of a very beautiful restaurant on the beach that does weddings and is not so expensive. The ceremonies there are beautiful. It’s in Islamorada, in the Flordia keys.

Regarding the dress, if you’re in Miami, you should go to Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. All the bridal stores are there and most of them carry off the rack sample dresses.

Good luck!

Post # 9
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

being worried about not finding the perfect dress is the reason why most of us plan a year ahead! that does not make any bride crazy!

Post # 10
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Try local flower farms for flowers as they will be lots cheaper. It is totally doable to have a wedding on a $3000 budget. It just takes a little more effort and creativity. 

Post # 11
4713 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

The first thing to do is save the date

Call local places for your reception, some on the beach might offer wedding packages including dinner etc

Try Sears for your dress…they have plus sizes

http://www.sears.com/clothing-women-s-dresses/s-1023574?keyword=bridal dresses&keywordSearch=false&previousSort=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER&pageNum=1&viewItems=25

Sears for your rings too

Costco for flowers if you have a membership if not try a local florist they will be able to help you

Payless for your shoes

Invitations can be easily made on a home computer

I planned my wedding in 4 days for under $5000 with rings and honeymoon included….and it worked out so dont panic…it will all work out!!!! GOOD LUCK

Post # 12
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I ended up doing an “elopement” type of wedding and paid under $3,000 for everything.  Since we only had 10 people total, we were able to just walk on the site that we wanted for our ceremony.  There was a bunch, but everyone ended up just standing around us.  We paid $300 for our officiant and he met us there.  I had a friend who just began her photography business so I ended paying $450 total for e-pics and w-pics.  We then ate at a Japanese teppan restaurant and that bill was about $400 with tip.  I paid $800 for my dress (this includes alterations) and $300 for my flowers to be flown in from Hawaii.  My hair and make-up was $280 because they had to drive all the way to where I was.  Total cost was $2530.  I thought everything turned out wonderful! Here is a link so you can see my pics:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/yay-1-year-anniversary-on-910-pic-heavy

Post # 13
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I found my dress at David’s Bridal the first time I went dress shopping.  I am full figured anod on a tight budget.  David’s Bridal was amazing!!!  Also I am doinsub metered flowers as centerpieces so I can use fake flowers, which will be cheaper.  DIY projects can be cheaper and a lot of fun,  but be careful sometimes DIY can be more expensive.  Do a lot of researching, the Internet will be your best friend while researching deals and ways to save money for your perfect wedding day. 

Post # 14
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

You’ve still got plenty of time, don’t worry! You’ve got a budget which is great, so first figure out how many people you’re gonna have and once you have a guest list, you can secure a venue/date. You’ve gotta have a venue and an official date before you plan anything else! After that you can book everything else. The Knot actually has a great checklist you can take a look at to see if you’re forgetting anything and give you some ideas of things that generally take “priority” timeline-wise.

The topic ‘5 months and $3000 HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors