(Closed) 5 months and 5 days (not including today!!)) AHHH!

posted 5 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
Hostess
1427 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Just take a deep breath and enjoy being engaged while it lasts! 🙂

Post # 5
Hostess
1427 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Starling13:  Awww… yeah. Go enjoy the sun; get a mani/pedi!! I wish my engagement lasted longer. It flew right by and then I was thrown into the craziness of being married!

Post # 6
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

It JUST hit me today that I only have five months left being Firstname Maidenname!  Five months to a whole new identity…wild!

Post # 7
1105 posts
Bumble bee

I’m only on here every minute of every day… lol! so I guess it is distracting me from work. I can’t believe our weddings are in 5 months! Surprised

Post # 8
781 posts
Busy bee

Date twinsies! 🙂 I’m STOKED. Mostly nervous about getting everything paid for and hopefully not forgetting anything important (marriage license or wedding insurance!!) I’m buying things here & there to make it easier and i gave Fiance the responsibility of paying off the expensive parts lol.

Post # 10
781 posts
Busy bee

@Starling13:  It varies state to state. In my state (Cali) I am able to go to any county office and apply. Some states make you apply in the same county you are getting married in. You just go in, show some sort of ID/Birth certificate (which varies by county on what you need) and fill out paperwork with your SO and it’s valid from that day until a certain point. For us, it’d be good for 90 days. Then (I think?) you bring it to the person who is marrying you, they sign it, and send it back to the county to certify it. In California, you have to pay an extra free to get a certified copy sent back to you but some places will just give it back to you without the fee.

The topic ‘5 months and 5 days (not including today!!)) AHHH!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors