(Closed) 5 months for a Wedding Dress!? CRAP!!!!

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

When my fiance proposed to me I kind of wished he’d say "Will you marry me and if so you should look for your dress ASAP b/c it could take up to 5mths to get it." LoL I’m the first one in my family to have an "American" wedding so this whole looking for a wedding gown, center pieces, picking out our Bridal Party is new to us. The last two shops I’ve gone to  have both told me I’m safe but I should find something soon.

Post # 18
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I just ordered my gown yesterday…maggie sottero Charlotte, and they said I should expect it sometime in August. Getting married in November. I was kind of concerned about it being so close and still getting all the alterations done but it sounds like this is pretty normal. Whats hard, is making that investment, getting excited about the gown and having to wait (for me) 5 months. Patience is a virtue, but when it comes to the dress I have none! oh my lanta ladies 🙂

Post # 20
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2010

You can try to search for your dress on some of those used wedding dress sites. I found my dream dress new with tags for half price belonged to a two dress bride who had chosen the other dress! I recieved my dress with in a week from payment to shipping and I couldn’t be more pleased!

Post # 21
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m getting mine by April and doing a rush unless I end up going with a designer I recently found who has a good turnaround time!

I’m not bending or yeilding to any crazy pressure sale, and know that samples exist everywhere!  Hey we’re in a recession and some places are having trouble selling gowns  period.

Not sweatin’ it and am an August bride without a dress!  I’ll find it shortly, and not worrying one minute. 

The topic ‘5 months for a Wedding Dress!? CRAP!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors