(Closed) 5 months in…Nothing…

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Addiecat: There are so many people around here who are in similar situations, feel free to vent to us whenever you need to! We’ve been on the TTC train since last June and it definitely can be an emotional roller coaster. Have you been charting at all, using OPKs and taking temps? I know that doing that helps me feel like I’m at least doing something to help move things along. I’m sorry that you’re in this situation but welcome to the boards!

Post # 4
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Addiecat: I am really sorry that you are going through this, but please know that you are not alone.

For support, a shoulder to cry on, or more information on charting (aka making the most of each cycle), check out these threads:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/charters-of-the-hive-part-iii

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-pre-bfp-pre-tww-and-those-in-tww-club-part-5/page/14

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-6-months-038-up-club-pt-2 

Post # 5
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Oh honey…we understand! There are so many women here who unfortunately know how you feel and then some! So, feel free to vent here about your frustrations all you need!!

To maybe help a little…you are certainly not alone. We started TTC in June of 2010. I went off the pill and it took me 84 days to get my first period off the pill. After that, my cycles were averaging about 40-45 days which was also discouraging. We finally got pregnant in March of 2011, but unfortunately miscarried in May. Last summer was probably the hardest summer of my life, but thankfully, I have a wonderful support in my husband. Most recently in November, I had a chemical pregnancy. Basically, tested positive on a HPT and blood test, but got my period 2 days later…so the baby never took. So, here we are a year and a half later and still have nothing. 

At this point, we’re both just very scared to even start trying again. I was waiting to get onto my husband’s insurance at the beginning of the year to see a RE and need to get a referral from my OBGYN…we just need to figure out what’s going on.

One thing that my husband and I keep saying to each other is that we will have a baby. It might not be right this second, and it might not even be biologically ours, but we will have one. It’s just going to take some time, and we’re in this together. The unfortunate thing is, pregnant people are everywhere. When I had my miscarriage, there were 10 pregnant women on my floor alone. It was sheer torture. But that’s what we’re here for! 

Post # 6
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Addiecat:  Welcome!  I’m sorry you’re here, but there’s no better place.  We’re here for you!

@2PeasinaPod:  good to see you!

Post # 8
5670 posts
Bee Keeper

*Hugs* I’m right there with you and still no luck. I saw a girl at a new years eve party clearly pregnant and enjoying her champagne and I was the Dirty Delete because I’m trying to take care of myself. I felt so bitter. And I love all of the accidents, or when people tell me which month to try to plan it for like I have a choice.

There are so many bees on here who don’t make you feel like you are alone. I find it very comforting to read posts of people who were in my situation and now are pregnant or have a beautiful baby. You will get through this and have a wonderful blessing to show for it. But whenever you need to vent to people who understand, we are all here and I find everyone to be so supportive.

Post # 9
1820 posts
Buzzing bee

@Addiecat: I am not a doctor (obviously) but I honestly think that the best thing you can do to TTC, after you have determined that you are O’ing and can time your BDing well, is to do whatever it takes to lower your stress level.  The list of “don’ts” while TTC is almost as long as the list for being pregnant, so don’t let yourself get too wrapped up in doing everything “right” – do what feels best for you and your husband, and what makes you feel the most relaxed.  For most of us on this board, that can mean yoga, exercise, accupuncture, wine, bubble baths, long walks, date nights…

Post # 10
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Addiecat: If you seem to have consistent ovulation and not charting helps your general state of mind I think that’s perfectly fine!! I’d definitely recommend getting back on the running wagon, I did the exact same thing (slowed down because I was worried about how it would effect TTC) and my stress levels went through the roof. I’ve lately gotten back into running every day and it’s helped me drastically. Having a goal like that half marathon is a great idea because it will give you something else to focus on. Which half are you running? I’m in Ca too so just curious 🙂

Btw, those threads that Septcabride linked to above are amazing. They’ve gotten me through a lot…please feel free to just jump in!

Post # 11
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@Addiecat: Definitely start working out again! You need to keep your stress level down! Also, try BDing a little earlier and a little later than your expected ovulation date just in case. I found that when we did that, we got pregnant the first time around. So I wasn’t ovulating when I thought I was! But keep your chin up! I was also on the pill for about 10 years before I came off of it. It’s just taking your body a bit of time to adjust. And when you’re having those days of frustration, just come here and vent…it’s really helpful.

@lotam240: Thanks :o) 

Post # 12
1820 posts
Buzzing bee

One more thing… all of my friends have at least one kid, and it took all of them at least 6 months to get KU with their first, BUT (and this is *really* important) – they all also went off the pill for 6 months before they started TTC.  They are all incredulous that I just ditched the BCP and started TTC and are constantly telling me that I need to give my body a chance to regulate before I get too disappointed.  So – not sure how much I think the 6 month regulation is necessary (obviously lots of women get KU sooner than that), but it’s a nice way to think about it if you start getting frustrated that this is cycle 5…  you can just think of it as cycle -1.  :o)

Post # 13
1053 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Addiecat: We are at exactly the same place in our TTC journey if that helps at all.  We’ve had a couple of really hard months but just trying to stay positive.  Which, those first days of AF is really hard!  I have realized, after thinking the same as you, that working out was going to shake something loose.  However, I have felt so much better since starting to work out again.  Like Elley said, it’s a great stress reliever! 

I use FF to chart, it did give me a little piece of mind to know I was at least normal enough to ovulate 🙂 

Post # 15
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@Addiecat: I think you should focus all your energy on feeling positive and happy for all the good things in your life, including a new niece/nephew! Yes it is stressfull and children are blessings but take care of yourself and try to remain stress-free and just enjoy the road to motherhood!

The topic ‘5 months in…Nothing…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors