(Closed) 5 months married, still no wedding video

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
1495 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

summerlove23 :  I went with a separate Photo teama nd separate video team and have yet to receive my video (11 months later) we did get the sneak peek last month and the first edit but it needed lots of edits. Supposedly it should be in this week (keeping my fingers crossed). We are frustrated for sure after spending over $4,000 on just the video alone but we didn’t want to ruffle too many feathers as I wanted him to really produce a wonderful product. I think my advice is to tread carefully as you want a nice video and not something rushed 🙂

Post # 3
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

summerlove23 :  Yikes 5 months for photos seems like a LONG time. Our photography contract states that we will receive all edited pictures in 6-8 weeks. I’m checking with my videographer now to see when to expect the video. 

Post # 4
11650 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

It’s not too much to ask to have people behave like professionals. They are late, and not because you didn’t pick your music. 

If their personal lives were going to cause a delay, they should have told you that. I would write back depending on where you are located- if in the south, I wouldn’t be so direct, but basically:

“congrats on baby! To be clear, you wrote to me after the deadline to ask my choice of music, so the delay isn’t on our end.

We are understanding people re the many causes you cited for your delays, but per our contract we are promised a preview on X day and delivery of final product in X day. If we don’t receive, we are eligible for a discount.

If you can deliver an acceptable, finished product per our contract in the next three days (final delivery by 2 PM Friday) we are willing to write off a refund due to delay. Otherwise we will stick to the terms of the signed contract dated X. 

We are looking forward to sharing your work with our friends and family. Thanks!” 

This shows you’re willing to cut them a break but you have limits. I doubt they will want to make a bad product for you on purpose, that would be highly unprofessional. 

Post # 5
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

As someone who didn’t get her wedding video back for eight – yes EIGHT – months, I so badly want to live vicariously through you and say that you should call them out on their BS. I was probably way too easy going and understanding with my videographer (who was also my photographer) and it led to a lot of empty promises and frustration. He had rave reviews, an excellent portfolio, was quite expensive…but ran things terribly as a business owner.

Anyways, the smart thing to do (which is what I ended up doing) would probably be to let it go and wait until you have your video in hand before asking for money back. As stupid as it is, you don’t want them doing a rushed or shoddy job on your video because they’re pissed off. Once you have your video, though, I’d go ham on their ass – if you have it in writing, you have every right to get some money back. I only wish I had had the same option….

Post # 6
454 posts
Helper bee

Yes, you should absolutely call them out on their BS. If they are overwhelmed with wedding season, they need to adjust their contract and give them more time during the summer. They’d get some brownie points if they were proactive about coming to you about it first, but they didn’t even do that.

You paid for a service. Their personal lives do not come into account. They have broken their contract, clear and simple. Demand a partial refund for sure, though I’m not sure what is ‘reasonable’.

Post # 7
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

If your contract says 6 months, I think I’d wait for the full 6 months and then I’d start asking for your money back. Our videographer says that our video may take 6 months (which is a crazy amount of time to wait and I’m sure I’ll go insane!) but I am prepared for it to take that amount of time. No harm in asking for the preview, though!

Post # 8
2109 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

We didn’t get our full wedding video for 8 months and we were quoted 3-4. Once the 4 months passed, we were in constant communication and were breathing a little hot air down his neck. We were really frustrated but he was at least giving us updates. We didn’t care about a refund, we just cared about getting our finished product (and finished well). Because we were patient with him, he added an extra 5 minutes of edited video to our finished one, which IMO, made it worth the wait. I would wait until 6 months have passed then start putting the pressure on a bit! But I would be cautious because you don’t want them to rush through your editing.

Post # 10
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

summerlove23 :  Oops sorry – I misread that. Then yes, I’d definitely be asking for some money back!

Post # 11
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

summerlove23 :  I would say at least $500, but I would try for closer to $1000 depending on how late it ends up being.

Post # 12
1389 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

If they breached contract, get what you’re entitled to get, for sure. We hired 2 separate vendors for photo and video. We got our photos in 3 weeks, and video in 5 months, both within what was agreed upon in writing.

The topic ‘5 months married, still no wedding video’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors