(Closed) 5 months to go and 5 months to PLAN!!

posted 10 years ago in Rhode Island
Post # 3
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

MissPodo you crack me up!  I have no advice, as I am about as far from Rhode Island as you can get, but I know you are going to have lots of fun looking over your alternatives and getting everything in place.  Your dad probably doesn’t realize how far in advance things need to be done – mine had no clue – so you might get busy researching alternatives and then get your mom involved helping to get the ball rolling.  I have a few, tiny DIY projects but too much else to do (moving, getting a house ready to sell) to have any fun with paper, and I will be way too stressed on the day before to mess with flowers!  Best of luck to you with all the details!

Post # 4
48 posts
Newbee

MissPodo, I highly recommend Laurie @ Lincoln Gardens… she’s super nice & willing to work with any budget. She’s doing our whole wedding party (7 girls, 7 guys plus all the famliy units) for $800 including delivery & taxes…

Post # 5
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

MissPodo, it is absolutely great to hear how excited you are to marry your man. 

I completely understand the whole Asian parents thing.  Not only are you dealing w/ a generational gap, but a cultural gap, too.  If dad has committed to providing funding (which it sounds like he has), I think you should talk to him now and say directly, "Dad, you mentioned that you would provide $XX to the cost of the wedding.  We’ve made a lot of progress and deposits and payments are coming due, so can you give us an idea on when and how you’d like to contribute, so we can manage our budget?"

Don’t focus too hard on trying to get your parents friends to stay, you’ll just cause a lot of stress and end up disappointed.  Focus on planning the party of your dreams based on what you want, and whoever sticks around gets to benefit..primarily you and your man!

Post # 6
497 posts
Helper bee

I HIGHLY recommend Jeremy Giroux with Check the Florist.  I made my centerpieces, so we only had to purchase my bouquet, the mother’s nose gays, the bridesmaids bouquets and the guys boutenniers plus 8 hydrangea rounds for the cones we put on our chairs.  Total cost: around $250 and the flowers were AMAZING!!  He is super great to work with and totally ‘gets’ it.

His email is: [email protected]

Let him know Mrs Corn from weddingbee sent you.

–Miriam

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

MissPodo.

Did you name yourself MissPodo because.. the hubby to be’s head is shaped like a podo??! hehehehe^.^

Hello seester!! I read thru your posts not even realizing it was you, and then put the pieces together~ as my friend Bradley would say, "I’m pretty" haha.. I’m so happy to be your Maid/Matron of Honor and will do everything within my power to make this wedding a goddang success!! Can I get a hooRAH, puhrease??  You will have the time of your life.. hands down sista. Elephant ice sculpture or not, the alcohol gets in one way or another~ and as I have read from other bee bloggers, everyone has financial worries.. weddings are no freaking joke in terms of cost!! (I still have no idear how the heck people manage to get married and THEN go on a honeymoon the night of!!?? What’s the secret here..) I will help you with whatever cost I can~~ and I know the wedding will be amazing regardless

Fellow bee bloggers~ Please give my sister help and support with whatever she may ask~ and thank you all for such great blogs!! Asian or not.. there are some clever/creative people out thur, fsho^^

-Miss Ddalgi over and out.

The topic ‘5 months to go and 5 months to PLAN!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors