(Closed) 5 months to go! Anyone else under 5 months?

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
13014 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

It’s flying by!  We’re looking at tuxes this weekend.  Wedding bands, and little things are all that’s left! I can’t believe it’s coming so quickly!

Post # 4
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I feel so behind! I’m excited, though! Can’t believe it’s coming up so fast!

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’be feeling pretty good with what I have left….even though its a lot!!!  Lol. Working on getting the invites together, registering, and getting bridesmaids dresses and groomsmens attire within the next month 🙂

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee

I am ******

Post # 7
70 posts
Worker bee

@marthan6:  Date Twin!! Still lots left to do but have the main items sorted.

Still deciding if we want a videographer and finalising cake design! so exciting! 

Post # 9
200 posts
Helper bee

We’re getting March 16th and we have the venue (which includes food/linens/table/table ware) booked, the photographer booked and engagment pictures this weekend, and our save the dates ready to go (just need to address and stamp… better late than never!). 

We’re going to buy some cakes from Costco so guests have a choice of flavors including pie (yes, it’s cheap, but we had to cut corners somewhere) and we’ll be asking friends and family to bake cookies so we have a cookie table guests can just a variety of for their favor. 

We need to figure out flowers, order the cellophane bags for the cookie and get our invitations going so they can’t be sent out in February. 

It’s a little stressful but I’m trusting it will all come together. 

Post # 10
50 posts
Worker bee

Also under 5 months! 😀 We have the venue, food, photographer, dress, invites, band done. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed (flowers, cake, groom’s attire, favours, ceremony, DJ, layout, on and on) so we just made the decision to hire a wedding planner for the last 3 months. I think the benefit to a March wedding is that there isn’t a big scramble here to secure vendors — so I can relax a bit and wait until she steps in in December!

Post # 11
2287 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

I have five months left. Finishing up DIY projects and little things.

Post # 12
70 posts
Worker bee

@marthan6:  Black, white, neutrals and silver! How about you? We’re getting married outside so we don’t need much decor! 

Post # 13
593 posts
Busy bee

Right now, our venue (which includes in house catering, linens, all table/chair rentals and wedding coordinator) is booked, our photographer is booked (bridal portraits are set for January after dress comes back from alterations), we have reserved both the florist and person to make our cake, I just have to get back with them with EXACTLY what I want which they both said could wait until after the Holidays. My dress is purchased, it is going for alterations right after Christmas. I am still doing small stuff right now (like making pomander ball’s, picking up odds and ends when at Michaels) but major planning has come to a halt until my school semester is up (beginning of December). Then, I will finalize menu, flowers and cake. The two main things I have to get done is find a DJ (our original one had something come up) and work on inviations (I haven’t even looked into this yet). Plan to order them though by Christmas to mail out right around 3 month mark. 

The topic ‘5 months to go! Anyone else under 5 months?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors