(Closed) 5 months to go. burned out from planning. ugh.

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hang in there! It will be over before you know it. And yes, it is completely normal to feel the way you feel! You have been planning for a long long while and I can totally understand it has gotten annoying and hard. On the other hand, the more you do now, the less you have to worry about closer to the wedding. I would suggest taking a week or two completely off from planning (not looking at to-do list, not even thinking about it-that way you’ll get some rest), and then continue with the planning. Good luck to you!

Post # 4
732 posts
Busy bee

NO!!! This is NORMAL. People just do not and will not get it until they go through it themselves. I can sympathize with you. 🙂

Post # 5
1653 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Stace126:  It’s normal 🙂  Hang in there..I’m 2 weeks out and have been feeling that same way for a while now! 

Post # 6
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I totalllyyyyyyy get it. I was like that for a long time. I refused to plan anything and my family was driving me crazy telling me I had to start making decisions or nothing would be done in time. It only got better when I started to get super excited about the wedding again – I live out of state so I visited the venue for only the 2nd time ever (hadn’t been there in 14 months) and got sooo excited. So maybe take a break and then do something that will make you excited to plan again? It worked for me. If not, maybe you could have a nice date night with your Fiance and you’ll remember how awesome it is that you’re getting married. Worth a shot! =)

ETA: I only got out of my funk a couple weeks ago and my wedding is 3 months away lol.

Post # 8
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I TOTALLY understand what you are going through. My wedding is 6 months away and i’m in the same stage as you. All the big stuff is done but now its all of the annoying little details that i am just way to tired to even deal with. I work 40 hrs a week on a computer, the last thing i want to do when i get home is get back on a damn computer. I’m so burnt out and not getting much help either 🙁 There is so much still to do but i just cant seem to find the time or the will to do any of it. UGH, I hope we both can get out of this funk. . .

The topic ‘5 months to go. burned out from planning. ugh.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors