(Closed) 5 months to go…and SO lost! HELP!

posted 6 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

First, you can absolutely have brown linens, with the guys in black.  No issue there whatsoever.

For bridesmaids, have you thought about what colors you would like your flowers to be?  When I hear Ivory, Chocolate and Black, my mind naturally says to go Gold for bridesmaids – it would be seasonal, but not over the top “ITS FALL” seasonal.  Stick to the warm color pallete, and see what you like.  To find colors, what helped us was to go to the paint section of Lowes, and look at our colors together.  Sounds wierd, but it really helped us choose specific colors.

Post # 4
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I picked our favorite colors- orange (mine), and green (his), with a neutral (grey).

If you like yellow and blue, colors that are traditionally more summer, go ahead and use them.

Red for bridesmaids would also look nice with the ivory/chocolate/black combo. I like grey (my bridesmaids are wearing it), but I think you’d need another bright color to lighten it up. Eggplant purple would also be pretty, or gold like SubmarinersBride suggested.

Post # 5
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Alyssabree:  I am getting married in November of 2013. My colors are brown, yellow and cream. I am doing Tan suits and Brown dresses. Yellow is my pop color, because I love sunflowers, which are our flowers. 

I think baby pink, or peach/burnt orange, even a deap plum (picture below is an idea).

Best of luck dear!

The topic ‘5 months to go…and SO lost! HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors