5 months until the wedding..I did something crazy!

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
Post # 16
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Please post before and after pics! 

Post # 17
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

Congratulations on the nose job.  I hope you are feeling okay.   

Me personally I am considering getting botox as I have a deep 11 line between my T section and eye brow.  I have never had it done, I’m not sure how much it will cost to get done or what it feels like (besides the injections).   I think that will be my only time of getting anything cosmetic.  

Post # 18
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Congrats on your new much anticipated nose! I was honestly between new boobs (not big, but bigger and perky) or lasik before the wedding and I went with lasik. I am so happy with my new perfect vision and I’m so excited to not have to worry about dry contacts irritating my eyes on the big day! 

Post # 19
212 posts
Helper bee

Just this morning? How’s your face feeling? I’d love one but i’m always scared of the recovery time.

Post # 20
393 posts
Helper bee

Wow go you, hope you’re recovering well ๐Ÿ˜€ I would definitely get surgery before my wedding if I could afford it. 

Can we see pics??

Post # 21
4663 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Congratulations!

How wonderful that you got something you really wanted done. That’s fab.

I haven’t considered going under the knife but am considering tanning to help reduce my psoriasis before the big day. I also had my teeth done a few years ago, I was super self concious beforehand.

I admit I was wondering if you’d told your Fiance or not… the, then girlfriend, of a friend of mine got one without telling him and he was devastated as he loved the way she looked. They broke up for a few months and I remember having some really tough chats with him. I felt like a broken record: “she’s still the same person, it makes her feel more confident, etc”. They are married now, so all okay in the end.

Post # 22
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

brunettebride2018 :  I was a little mad, but I understood why she didn’t tell me. She thought I would judge the procedure, and she was in a rough life patch so everything was crazy. Stuff like that happens with my sisters all the time and we’re still close, it just becomes a funny story ๐Ÿ™‚ If she’s more sensitive she may be more angry haha!

Post # 23
3029 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I’m a Euromutt with an off-kilter nose (it’s like I got the worst of my dad’s Eastern European and my mom’s Italian genes) so I feel you! I hope you end up happy with the results and your wedding pics! 

Will you please post a recap once you get the wedding pics? Your venue sounds magical! 

Post # 24
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

ladyartichoke :  Not to threadjack, but I actually just started Humira hoping to clear my psoriasis before my wedding. I only just started a month ago, so nothing major yet, but I don’t know anyone irl with psoriasis so PM me if you ever need/want to talk about it! Also I love artichokes. ๐Ÿ™‚

OP, congratulations! I’m so glad that you’re feeling more confident and that your parents and Fiance were so supportive. 

Post # 25
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Congrats! I bet that feels amazing to just go for it and do something that will make you feel less self conscious in pictures. I thought about getting lasik eye surgery before my wedding, I’ve wanted it for the last few years and realized how great it would be for the honeymoon to be able to swim under water with my eyes open (it’s the little things haha) but my eye doctor said my eyes are still getting worse and it would just need to be corrected in a year. I have also thought about getting botox……but on my armpits hahaha I sweat so much and we’re getting married early summer. Not super glamorous, but…

Post # 26
11456 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Congratulations! That is SO exciting! Wow. Good for you that you had the courage to chase a dream that you’ve always had and to do it before the wedding so that you will love your photos.

I think all people have beauty, but I also know that something such as this can really change a person’s life. I went to school with a girl who had a very prominent nose, and, between middle school and high school, she had a rhinoplasty. When we all saw her on the first day of high school, she looked amazing. She has gone on to have a fabulous career in which she is viewed by thousands of people every day. She may never have had the self-confidence to pursue that path if she had not done what she did.

Post # 27
607 posts
Busy bee

Exciting!! Wish I could afford it. 

Post # 29
6445 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

Wow, your new nose looks perfect! Congrats on having something you have wanted for so long. I am sure you were beautiful before the surgery, too, but confidence is the best looks enhancer there is!

Post # 30
8320 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

brunettebride2018 :  

Well I liked your rather noble nose before, but the new  one is such a good job, it looks great ! Well done  you! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors