(Closed) $5 per appetizer – is this reasonable?

posted 5 years ago in Food
Post # 3
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

This sort of things is hugely variable depending on state, city and caterer. however, that being said that sounds really expensive. I would think about 1-3 per piece (depending on the type of food) would be more average.

How does this compare to the dinner pricing they gave you?

Post # 4
13248 posts
Honey Beekeeper

My caterer charged $8.50 per person for four different passed appetizers (2-3 pieces per person of each).  It ended up being about $1100 for us, and we had a pricey caterer in downtown DC.

Post # 6
2622 posts
Sugar bee

@cali_cat:  Honestly, I would just say no thanks to the apps.  Only 2 per person is a bit on the short side and will probably be leaving people looking for where the apps went. 

EDIT: also confirm with the caterer that it is $5 per piece as opposed to per type of appetizer where there are estimated 4 pieces per person 

Post # 7
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

we are in downtown Chicago and haven’t committed to a caterer yet, but each proposal was aout $7-8 for 4-5 passed apps for each guest and a variety of 4-6 different kinds.

Post # 9
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yeah – that was in the middle of what we paid.  Some (like the ahi tuna) were more expensive, while others were slightly cheaper.  But $5 is a good average.

The topic ‘$5 per appetizer – is this reasonable?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors