(Closed) 5 Rules That Will Instantly Fix Every Wedding Problem You Have

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
947 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@oneofthesethings:  disagree. My SIL prepared her own cupcakes and they were the shit. 

Post # 4
1681 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

“If every day brings another problem with your Future Mother-In-Law, your mom, bridesmaids, and/ or vendors, the problem is you.  You’re a Bridezilla and you need to chill the F out”

+1   …lmao 🙂

Post # 5
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I can see this is going to go over really well here..

Post # 6
4035 posts
Honey bee

Interesting synopsis, I only kind of agree with #1 in terms of the size part. One should cut down a guest list, if you cannot afford it.

But on a note for the location, I do not agree. I have an amazing location with a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains for only $1100 (but then again that is discounted about 70% because of my affiliation with the organization and it is in Colorado–which is way more affordable). So I guess that would make it an exception.

Post # 7
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I strongly disagree with much of what you wrote but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

Post # 8
7753 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Actually no. There are lots of wedding problems these rules won’t fix. And yes, sometimes the problem really is someone else.

Post # 9
1522 posts
Bumble bee

@oneofthesethings:  4. You get one wedding.  Not a quicky courthouse wedding, followed by a “real” wedding a month or a year later.  If you are tempted to do this, consider this question: why not get married every month?  Or every day?   When you finally stumble on the right answer, you’ll realize you’ve been a selfish jerk and change your ways.

disagree

honestly what is selfish is not letting ppl live their dream the way they want it. Not everyone has the money to live their dream wedding right away so why nt get married twice three times whatever makes u happy

Post # 10
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I also disagree. The only rule I follow is to make myself and the man happy. Haters going to hate.

Post # 12
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Sassygrn:  I know, right? Eeek!

@oneofthesethings:  This comes off snarky. And a lot of brides have done all 5 with great results. 

Post # 13
9083 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

4. You get one wedding.  Not a quicky courthouse wedding, followed by a “real” wedding a month or a year later.  If you are tempted to do this, consider this question: why not get married every month?  Or every day?   When you finally stumble on the right answer, you’ll realize you’ve been a selfish jerk and change your ways.

Bullshit right then and there. I got married via courthouse ceremony and I’m getting my “real” wedding in June. Why? My husband deploys. He deploys often, and he’s been gone much more than he has been home. I don’t get a chance to have a “real wedding” until he’s accrued enough time to actually fly home to California with me where our family is. A wedding out here is out of the question because we know no one. Accusing someone of being a “selfish jerk” because they don’t have the opportunity (Or funds) to have a real shabang is a real moron.

Post # 15
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Yea, I gotta say I disagree too, these seem a little harsh and a lot of them aren’t true.

Post # 16
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

@oneofthesethings:  

2. You are not Martha Stewart.  You should not cook your own wedding food (if you expect the guests to actually eat.)  You should not make your own cake or cupcakes.  You should not ask anyone else to do so, unless you’re paying them.   Seriously, hire professionals.

False. I have been to a super cute, quaint back-yard reception where the bride’s family served a bunch of home-cooked bbq. It was no less wonderful than someone else’s $150/plate french chef would have come up with, in my opinon.

4. You get one wedding.  Not a quicky courthouse wedding, followed by a “real” wedding a month or a year later.  If you are tempted to do this, consider this question: why not get married every month?  Or every day?   When you finally stumble on the right answer, you’ll realize you’ve been a selfish jerk and change your ways.

Where do you get off calling someone a jerk for wanting an actual public ceremony with their family and friends present, and a party to celebrate it afterwards? Just because someone doesn’t have the funds for the wedding of their dreams that red hot second doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t get marred (for health benefits, so they can buy a house together, so they can have a kid, etc.), and it doesn’t mean that when they can afford it, they shouldn’t be able to have just as nice a celebration as anyone else.

The topic ‘5 Rules That Will Instantly Fix Every Wedding Problem You Have’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors