5-stone heirloom ring as e-ring?

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 2
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019 - City, State

Any ring can be an e-ring if you love it. 

Post # 4
1262 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

It most definitely looks like an engagement ring to me and is beautiful with a sentimental value! I think you could leave it as is, but if you want to change it or prefer another setting you could always do that, but rest assured it most definitely looks like an engagement ring and any ring can be an engagement ring, it’s just whatever works for the person wearing it 🙂 

Post # 5
746 posts
Busy bee

Some of my friends have 5 stone engagement rings, I think they look beautiful. You can always have it reset in white gold or platinum if you want to keep the stones together but still make it ‘you’.

Post # 6
379 posts
Helper bee

It would absolutely make a nice engagement ring! Sounds very pretty! 

Post # 7
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I think so!  I love that style personally!

Post # 8
404 posts
Helper bee

It will make a gorgeous engagement ring! The more important question is: does it say ‘engagement ring’ to you? What I’m trying to get at is this: did you have a particular vision in mind for your e-ring, like a solitaire, three-stone, halo? If so, don’t be afraid to speak up. It’s also okay to start out with it as-is, and reset it later.

Post # 9
1536 posts
Bumble bee

You could get a solitaire and wear it with this 5 stone ring. I don’t know what kind of shape it is in, but you might need to reset it anyways.  You can always make a 4 stone setting and have a new center.  The extra diamond can be used for a solitaire pendant.  Diamonds are the most expensive part so if you can re-use them and they are decent quality, I don’t think you need to keep the ring ‘as is’ unless there are people that might be upset by this.  I think it is important to have something that feels like your own. 

Post # 11
167 posts
Blushing bee

Why do you care so much what other people think? It really doesn’t matter what internet strangers think, it matters what you and your bf think. I agree with pp – any ring can be an engagement ring. It doesnt have to be a diamond solitaire. Many rings are coloured, multi-stone, no stone, cluster, etc. Actually a lot of people don’t even have engagement rings and only have wedding bands. 

So anyways lol. Yes, it can be an engagement ring. If you don’t like it, I wouldn’t chop it up into a new ring unless no one else in the family wants it. IMO first priority should go to someone who loves the ring as is. If you want to change it, you could just get a new ring in whatever style you want. 

Post # 13
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2019 - City, State

View original reply
explore1the1world :  it is beautiful and can definitely be worn as an engagement ring! I am pretty partial as I have a five stone diamond engagement ring 

Post # 14
404 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
explore1the1world :  you asked “how do you know if something has to be reset” – this one is easy. Unless there is significant damage to the ring that compromises it’s structure, or it needs to be sized excessively (and could compromise structure) there is no need to reset. If no issues exist, then it would be more of a stylistic choice to reset the diamonds to suit your tastes.

If there is general wear (which is normal for heirloom items) a good jewler can repair the ring for you. This could include retipping and tightening prongs, increasing the thickness of the band if it has thinned and risks breakage, polishing, buffing, engraving and more. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors