5 week ultrasound

posted 8 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1607 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

We were able to see little bean and hear the heartbeat at my first ultrasound but that was 6+5, not sure about 5 weeks might be too early.

Post # 4
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I did ivf and they did an ultraspund at 5 and a half weeks and they were able to see the gestational sac and yolks sac and they wanted to confirm it was not ectopic as I had an ectopic in the past. At 6 and a half weeks I had another us and they were able to see the HB. I do think at 5 weeks it may be too early to see the HB but I assume they will be able to see the gestational sac. Good luck! I’ve been following your post and rooting for you that everything goes well !!

Post # 5
926 posts
Busy bee

At 5w3d, we were able to see the gestational sac and yolk sac only. No fetal pole or heart rate yet. It was all there by 6w3d though! 🙂 Currently 13w4d with my IVF baby. 

Post # 8
1068 posts
Bumble bee

I had a subchorionic hemmorhage at 5w5d with my IVF baby and we heard the heartbeat and saw sac with fetal pole then. Baby’s first photo😊

Post # 9
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
zstbee84 :  I had an ultrasound at 4 weeks, mostly due to a miscommunication at my ob office.  They saw a gestational sac then.  So I would guess that you would at least see a gestational sac and yolk sac at 5 weeks.

Post # 10
15001 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

5 weeks is early even for IVF I think?  Mine was always scheduled for 6.5 weeks in hopes of seeing a heartbeat at that time.  I had one u/s at 5 weeks due to bleeding, and all they saw was a sac and fetal pole, and was able to confirm it wasnt ectopic.

Post # 11
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Like a PP, at 5 or so weeks we only saw gestational sac and yolk sac, no foetal pole or heartbeat yet. But then that was on abdominal ultrasound. We couldn’t see anything from the vaginal ultrasound because my large fibroid was blocking things.

One week later we saw everything else.

Post # 12
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks due to bleeding. I’m in the UK so wouldn’t normally have the first until 12 weeks. We got to see the heartbeat at that point.

Even with the bleeding they wouldn’t have given me an ultrasound until at least 6 weeks.

Honestly, I know you say it’s normal at your practice but I would reschedule for 6/7 weeks. You are already struggling with anxiety (which I total understand, I’m 30 weeks and still struggling with it). I think going for an ultrasound where you won’t really be able to see much is just going to make it worse and there is no reason to have an ultrasound to rule out ectopic unless you have symptoms of one.

View original reply
zstbee84 :  

Post # 13
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018 - City Hall

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and it was too early to see the heartbeat, but she did see the gestational sac along with the yolk sac (so it was not an empty gestational sac) and she assured me of her confidence that I have a little bean in there. 

1.5 weeks to 2 weeks later we had the heartbeat 🙂

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors