5 weeks (and 5 days) pregnant and all my clothes fit tight. UGH!!!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1487 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Mrs.Jansen:  For me, by the time the bloating went down, there was a bump in it’s place, but everybody is different.  I went right from regular jeans, to yoga pants, to maternity jeans.  Once my regular clothes started being tight, they were done for the rest of the pregnancy.

However, it does change size during the day (even with just bloat), so if you pick something that just fits in the AM, it will be HORRIBLE by the time you go home for the day, so keep that in mind!

Post # 5
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Elastic waistbands, friend. I have been in them since Week 6!

Post # 7
1487 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.Jansen:  In some ways I think that’s better–I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 3 months old, and my body was like “Oh yeah, I remember how to do this!” And bam, overnight it was like I was six months pregnant…

Post # 9
1487 posts
Bumble bee

@Mrs.Jansen:  I don’t know how it works with 12 years between pregnancies (I would think it would take longer) but my pants not fitting was actually my first clue with #2.  I hadn’t gained weight, but they wouldn’t button.  I thought I was getting my period.  And then when they really wouldn’t button, I took a test.  That was at like 7 weeks.

Post # 10
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

yoga pants are now my best friend. i have been able to fit into my jeans almost the whole time. i have only bought one pair of maternity pants.

Post # 11
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

That’s about when I started wearing yoga pants and stretchy skirts. I also did the rubber band trick for jeans. For me, the bloat never went down.

Post # 12
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I felt bloated that early on, but I wonder how much of it wasn’t actual bloat and just increased sensitivity.  Yoga pants were my friend!

Post # 13
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Don’t worry I’m 5 weeks 2 days! and I’m sitting at work with my jeans unbottoned because I couldnt sit in them any longer and I cant find an elastic band to tie them with 🙁 I’m going after work to get a belly band so I can be more comfortable in my jeans. When I found out I was pregnant I was so excited that I could wear yoga pants all the time and then after 2 days I realized dear god I’m going to miss my jeans, so I decided to wear them today bad idea I want my yoga pants back 🙁

Post # 14
4522 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Glad to see this thread. I am approaching 5 weeks and I feel like I swallowed a large gourd. I know it’s not the baby, because it’s the size of a grain of rice or something. Why is my stomach poking out already?! 🙂 And yes, I agree it gets much worse as the day progresses. I can’t wait to have an actual baby bump (knock on wood — still so early!).

Post # 16
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I had to go out and buy maternity jeans and work pants at like, 6 weeks lol.  Like some PP’s said, by the time the bloating went away, I had a bump.  I figured there was no point in buying bigger “normal” clothes because they just won’t fit in a few more weeks anyway.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors