(Closed) 5 weeks.. and bleeding

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1652 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m so sorry hon, this must be concerning. It might and hopefully is nothing bad (1 in 4 women experience bleeding in early pregnancy), however, I think it would be a good idea to phone your doctor or midwife today and tell them, then they can check that everything is ok. Good luck x

Post # 4
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had bright-red bleeding about 6 weeks along. I went to the ER and they did bloodwork and an ultrasound.

I suggest calling your doctor and seeing if they can get you in to be checked out or they may recommend you get checked at the ER.

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee

I would go and get seen by a doctor as soon as you can. Even if just to put your mind at rest.

Post # 6
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

My understanding is the bleeding is possible as the embryo burrows deeper into the uterine lining. That said, any bright red blood is something a doctor should look at.

Post # 8
5148 posts
Bee Keeper

@legalese – Everything turned out great for me. It was New Year’s Eve when I went to the ER, and now baby is due in 10 days!

Post # 9
5109 posts
Bee Keeper

@legalese:  This unfortunately happened to me too, at exactly five weeks. Started brown, went pink at 5 weeks 1 day, then became red at 5 weeks 2 days, and continued bleeding lightly for a few days. It didn’t end well for us =( Just wanted to share my story. Try to prepare for the worst, though it could still be normal bleeding. Best of luck.

Post # 10
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I experience bleeding and clots at five weeks of pregnancy last month, unfortunately I miscarried my baby. The bright side of the moon is that a month later I’m pregnant again 🙂

My doctor did quantitative HCG tests to measure my horomone level and that is how the miscarriage was confirmed. Please head to your doctor and do the same. For peace of mind.

Best wishes.

Post # 12
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m really sorry to hear your most recent news. I had bleeding like this with my second miscarriage. If you need to talk at all, definitely PM me!

Post # 13
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

@legalese:  I’m so sorry to hear that. I went through this back in 2010 and it is just awful. Please PM me, too, if you need to vent or just need somebody who understands. (((Hugs)))

Post # 14
5148 posts
Bee Keeper

So sorry to hear the news isn’t good. 🙁

((hugs))

Post # 15
1245 posts
Bumble bee

@legalese:  I’m so, so sorry. Sending you lots of ((hugs)).

Post # 16
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

So sorry to hear this. Wishing you and your Darling Husband comfort and peace during this difficult time.

The topic ‘5 weeks.. and bleeding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors