(Closed) Can you see anything in a Ultrasound at 5 weeks? 5 weeks and spotting :(

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@mrsreid: yes at 5 weeks we saw a heartbeat

Post # 5
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I had the same issue at 5 weeks (and freaked out b/c I had already miscarried too.) I ended up going to the ER, and by the time I had gotten there the bleeding had stopped. They said that there was a heart beat, and the bleeding was caused by a bubble in my placenta. Now I’m 32 weeks and so far so good!

Hoping you get good news at your apt!

Post # 7
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

All I saw at 5 weeks was the embryonic sac and a tiny little dot. I don’t recall seeing a heartbeat on the monitor until 8-9 weeks. But I was spotting at 6 weeks and they told me it was implantation bleeding. I now have a healthy toddler. Don’t stress out yet, 5 weeks is very early and your body will be doing weird things.

ETA: Ok I’m apparently very forgetful because I just asked my husband if we saw a heartbeat at 5 weeks and he said yes, we absolutely saw it. Whoops!

Post # 8
1221 posts
Bumble bee

hope everything is okay!

Post # 10
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

we went around 6 weeks and saw the sac with a heartbeat.  it didn’t look like much yet, but you could see it!  heads up in case you didn’t have this before – the very early ultrasounds are vaginal – my husband was a bit traumatized when the Dr did the US (I found this out only much later 🙂

Post # 12
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@mrsreid: Full bladder. It’s pretty uncomfortable haha!

Post # 14
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@mrsreid: and @KatyElle: Actually I think an empty bladder is what they need for the vaginal ultrasound. Good luck!

Post # 15
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m thinking of you and I hope that everything is OK.  My fingers are crossed for you.  Good luck.

Post # 16
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@babymakes3: Nope, every time I had one they asked me to not use the bathroom because they needed a full bladder. I remember that very clearly. Different offices want different things.

The topic ‘Can you see anything in a Ultrasound at 5 weeks? 5 weeks and spotting :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors