(Closed) 5 weeks asked to help friends struggling with ttc move HELP!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
9674 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

Approach the subject very gently, but I think you need to tell her about your situation and worries for your pregnancy.

Post # 5
1123 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

You could tell them that you pulled a muscle in your neck or back and can’t really bend much. Stick to helping pack and organize but say you can’t lift anything heavy for a few days because of your back?

Post # 7
714 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@ames12708:  I think that you need to be honest with them… Obviously you aren’t supposed to announce your pregnancy this early, but I think in this case you have to. They would be more hurt when they found out later that you lied to them about it. Tell them now, and they should be happy and excited for you. Like you said, you have shared all the good and bad that comes with ttc… why stop now?

Post # 9
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

If you were to miscarry ( God forbid),  from the sounds of it you’d tell her about it and she’d help you grieve.  If that’s the case, I don’t think telling her at 5 weeks is bad.  There’s a big difference between telling your nearest and dearest and making a public announcement.  Good luck on a healthy pregnancy!

Post # 10
2191 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

if you as close as it sounds I think that taking her aside and privately saying something I don’t think its wrong

do you think that she will be able to keep the secret?

Post # 12
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@ames12708:  i say tell he you can help as long as it is light items…that your back has been bothering you and that you really dont want to agrevate it any more than wha you have done

Post # 13
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I really think you need to tell them.  My friend who I commiserated with while trying to TTC (and got pregnant before) was one of the first people I told because I would feel like a jerk listening to her complaints while secretly knowing I was pregnant.  I might also suggest emailing her or texting her the news, or getting a mutual friend to tell her, so that she can have whatever reaction she feels like without needing to act happy for you.  I’m sure that she will be happy for you but also feel upset for obvioius reasons.

ETA: Sorry I didn’t read your update before posting.  Glad that you told them and yes, definitely do not talk about it unless she brings it up, at least for awhile!

The topic ‘5 weeks asked to help friends struggling with ttc move HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors