(Closed) 5 weeks away and pregnant

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 18
2343 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sunshine1011:  were getting married in January an just found out were pregnant. My parents are actually very excited. You won’t have many dr visits between now and then. Probably two tops. You can always get an abortion if you really aren’t ready.

Post # 20
8700 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Sunshine1011:  Congrats on the positive response!

I’m sure your grandparents will be thrilled to have a “premature honeymoon baby” (which was code for “knocked up before the wedding” when it was still a BIG deal. Most of the women in my family had one!)

Post # 21
7038 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

If you don’t want to be pregnant, you don’t have to be pregnant. Honestly, I think it’d be smart to wait 5 years, given how young you are. Do what you feel is best for your situation!

Post # 22
1206 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@MexiPino:  This is a great idea!  Announce during the wedding!  That way no one will be able to get mad!  🙂

Post # 24
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Sunshine1011:  
I found out I was pregnant a week ago. 2 Weeks before my wedding. After a small panic, I realised that everything was going to be ok. But we are a bit older (24 and 29)  We planned to ‘try’ after our official honeymoon in January, but were on our first cycle of  KIND OF NTNP. I was mostly shocked it happened so fast. We will be telling our parents the weekend after our wedding. It also happens to be my mom’s birthday.
Glad your mom reacted well and is going to support you! It always makes things easier to have a loving mother.  

Post # 25
9168 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Sunshine1011:  congrats!! Don’t worry about dr appointments, you only have 1 per month starting at 8 weeks (until your 3rd trimester). Just relax, start talking prenatals and eating healthy while you can and enjoy weddin planning. You’ll have plenty of time to stress and worry when that’s all over. Good luck!

Post # 27
444 posts
Helper bee

@Sunshine1011:  I just married last saturday and I was 17 weeks pregnant and also 21! Everyone knew already and was happy about it. 

I was trying so hard to plan the perfect wedding and then when I got pregnant  I found the details didn’t matter so much any more. I just worried about the big stuff…like not fainting or puking in my dress (which I did anyway. I will be sure to cross my fingers you won’t!) 

Honestly things always have a way of working out. Take it easy and take care of yourself. 

Post # 28
444 posts
Helper bee

And watch the dress!

I originally had a fit and flare… by 8 weeks it was snug, by 12 it wouldn’t close. And I wasn’t even showing…unless you count the new boobs. 

I ended up at 12 weeks running to david’s bridal and buying an empire wasted dress. Even that barely fit. LOL

Post # 29
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Sunshine1011:  Congrats!

We just had a baby shower Saturday for my cousin who is due at Christmas and is getting married “Sometime between now and the end of October.”  Her mom and grandma were both furious with her, but came and were happy and got her nice gifts.  Everyone will come around, its not the baby’s fault!

Post # 30
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

@Sunshine1011:  congrats! Life is what happens when you’re busy making plans 🙂

You’ll have to deal with his family and their judgement for the rest of your life, so I’d just tell them and get it over with, I mean its not like you don’t plan on getting married, so they’ll just have to suck it up and get over themselves lol

Post # 31
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Anna Winery

Congrats!!

I just found out a couple weeks ago that I’m pregnant and I’m 7 weeks now!

Our wedding is this weekend and trying to suck in this bump/bloat is going to be hard, but I wouldn’t have it any other way now!

The topic ‘5 weeks away and pregnant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors