(Closed) 5 weeks away and pregnant

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 32
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

First of all, CONGRATS on the pregnancy and the wedding!! I see from a previous post that your dress has a corset back… that should help you out with your dress fitting in a few weeks. Glad to hear your families are all taking the news well =)

Post # 34
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I am 10 weeks pregnant with my wedding in 4 weeks.. And I’m 19.

So I am in a pretty similiar situation as you – If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me πŸ™‚

Post # 35
291 posts
Helper bee

Oh and I have been stressing MAJORLY about my dress not fitting. It fits better than when I bought it as I have lost weight while pregnant (NO idea how, I’ve been eating like crazy and not healthy foods) so don’t stress about that aspect πŸ™‚

Post # 36
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Dont stress! I’m sure you will be barely showing if at all. I’m about 6 weeks and my major problme so far is bloating…=/ But yeah, you will get through it. Try and sqeeze in an appointment before the wedding but if not just get on it afterward. Most docs don’t want to see you unitl you are 10 weeks and beyond…at least where I’m from.  

Post # 37
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Oh lady,

sure it’s not ideal but you’re getting married so you have a support system that some people don’t so that’s a real big positive.

Yes it might be v hard, especailly as you are young but you’ve got your family and Im sure they will help. It might be a little bit rough when you tell certain members but remember this is going to be your child and no one should put a downer on it. The number of times I;ve seen people get all angry about an unplanned pregnancy and then when the baby comes they fall in love instantly.

Just enjoy the wedding and take each day as it comes, remember you can still have lots of fun!

Post # 38
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Sunshine1011:  Congratulations!!

I know the baby wasn’t planned and the timing isn’t ideal for you but, you’re in a loving and commited relationship and honestly, your baby will be a blessing, even if you meet oposition now, all of the family will just melt once they meet your baby boy or girl, even the crustiest family members won’t be able to resist a tiny newborn πŸ™‚

As for you not feeling excited, i’m sure that’ll come.  I’ve a 3 year old and a 1 year old, both were planned and i still had an OMG moment when i saw the positive tests!  The 1st trimester is hard with the tiredness and nausea, rest as much as you can and i found that snacking helped the nausea settle….as for the dress – fingers crossed you’ll be ok, i bloated big time with both of mine and struggled to hide that something was going on until after 12 weeks but i’m 5”1 and apparently i show early even without the bloat!!

Wishing you every happiness, it will all work out, don’t worry, it doesn’t change anything xx

Post # 41
291 posts
Helper bee

@Sunshine1011:  Well I was SUPER painfully organised when we first got engaged. I drove EVERYONE nuts and had booked everything and written out day of timelines for every vendor/the girls getting ready/boys getting ready/ceremony and reception. So thankfully I don’t have a lot left to do. I must admit, I have zero motivation to get anything done now!

Do you have a lot of planning left? Just break everything down into small tasks so that its not overwhelming πŸ™‚

Good luck with your dress fitting!

Post # 43
291 posts
Helper bee

@Sunshine1011:  Yay πŸ™‚

Just take things easy. 

Getting pregnant really put things in perspective for me – it’s not the end of the world if something geta forgotten πŸ™‚

The topic ‘5 weeks away and pregnant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors