(Closed) 5 weeks out and still unsure/disagree whether to postpone destination wedding

posted 8 months ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 62
4609 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  ignore her. She’s just upset someone dropped a house on her sister.

Post # 63
1874 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
@sunshinesunflower1021:  Bruh 500,000 people are dead in your country. Why? Because of people like you who don’t believe the “LeFt wInG mEdIa cOnsPirACy”. The life expectency in the US has actually gone DOWN a year because of Covid. 

You cannot be that stupid. Like I can’t make it make sense in my head. 

Coming from a country who took Covid seriously, have very few deaths, and only 92 active cases across the whole nation. No masks, very few restrictions. Normal life. Why? Because we got the message and our leaders listened to science. 

Post # 64
1874 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@zl27:  Possibly my favourite line of the day *chefs kiss*

Post # 65
432 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@sunshinesunflower1021: I recently entered the US from Canada through the land border. The US doesn’t require testing for those crossing the land border at all. I’m pretty sure you’re not outraged about people coming from Canada, in which case this isn’t really about Covid at all. 

Post # 66
1343 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@sbl99:  Not to totally derail this thread, but the other major thing Australia has done very well is strict border controls, both in and out.  Maybe too well, as some Australians have been frustrated at the inability to travel abroad and others are stuck overseas unable to return with weekly arrival caps.  I believe your state (WA) closed off its border even with other Australian states!

Post # 67
1343 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@elisabetn:  I don’t even want to get into the inexplicable thinking of governors in states like Texas in thinking that personal responsibility is enough.  Is he completely unaware that masks do more to protect others than to protect you (and you are pretty reliant on others around you wearing their masks)?  I guess not.  This is why portions of the US have the problems they have.

Post # 68
1343 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@sunshinesunflower1021:  You are entitled to your opinion, although it honestly angers me.  But there are a couple of FACTS that I need to set you straight on.  First off, the scary reality is that a large number of asymptomatic COVID cases have presented with abnormalities and scarring on chest x-rays.  These are people who may not have felt sick, and these are people who may still end up with asymptomatic or mild cases with a vaccine.  I have spent my entire life avoiding secondhand smoke and never picking up a cigarette so I can avoid these kind of lungs.  I’m not about to have others’ ignorance of COVID put me at risk.

Second, the statistical reality is that you and those you know were fortunate not to have complications (although I will tell you, some complications may yet happen down the road, we aren’t 100% sure yet).  You played Russian roulette and you so far did not lose.  Keep playing, and you eventually will.

Also, we don’t have perfect COVID tests.  The testing is better than nothing, but there are an awful lot of false negatives.  Plus, unless the test was taken immediately before you do whatever you’re doing, the test really isn’t accurate.  You had opportunities to pick up, and become a carrier of, the virus in the intervening time.

Listen, I want my life back.  I’m not any different than you or anyone else in that regard.  But I’m not willing to take what could be life altering risks to do so.  I have a lot of my life left, and I don’t want to spend it with fatigue, lung problems, clotting problems, or brain fog.  There are responsible and irresponsible ways to get normal life back.  Your way is very irresponsible.

Post # 69
779 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2022

View original reply
@sunshinesunflower1021:  human beings can’t be illegal & good for you and the supposed 50 ppl you know who have all recovered fine. (did you all get sick at a Covid party together or something?) Have you ever heard that privilege is thinking something isn’t a problem because it doesn’t affect you personally? My fiancé and I both have family members who have died from covid so please stfu and go “take back your life” somewhere that is not weddingbee (perhaps Fox News is hiring). To the original poster, thank you for your thoughtfulness in not wanting to get anyone sick & for not being cruel like some peeps on here. Thank you for taking this deadly disease seriously regardless of what you decide. Good luck and have a beautiful day regardless of your choice 😀

Post # 70
1874 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@stateofbeeing:  yes I do think old Marky Mark is way too trigger-happy with that big red border closure button – my husband’s family is over east and it’s been hard, especially as we’re about to have a baby.

And I also really believe we need to do more to get the ~40,000 Aussies home. I hate reading their stories it just breaks my heart. This is their home. We shouldn’t be making it this hard for them.

But look… by and large, the response has been pretty amazing given the circumstances. We have been very fortunate – WA especially, given our vulnerable populations. I’d hate to think what would have happened if it went rampant through the outback. Whole cultures would be decimated. 

The topic ‘5 weeks out and still unsure/disagree whether to postpone destination wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors