(Closed) 5 weeks today!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Congratulations!! So exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

I understand the apprehension when it comes to buying stuff too early.  That being said, I saw a wonderful deal on a stroller very early on in my pregnancy (probably about the same as you are now), and in hindsight I’m really glad I didn’t let how far along I was deter me.  For us, it makes sense to spread out the purchasing of stuff, rather than have to buy everything at once in the last few months.  I also figured that should the worst happen, we would definitely be trying for a baby again etc. so while it might be hard to look at baby stuff it isn’t as though it would go to waste.  I wouldn’t let the fact that you’ll only be 10 weeks along take away from your excitement.  I’m from Canada too so I know all too well how much fun it can be to go to the US and find some stuff you can’t get here ๐Ÿ™‚ If you’re really concerned, you could always limit yourself to small stuff.

Have fun and enjoy, hopefully the nausia doesn’t bother you too much!

Post # 3
1579 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

fluffthoughts:  Congrats! And how funnnn!!!

I was on a vacation/trip with my family when I was 8 weeks pregnant and we looked at some baby stuff but I got super overwhelmed because I hadn’t done much research on anything and wasn’t sure what I wanted. So we didn’t get any baby things (besides a gender neutral swaddle blanket, I think) but I did get some maternity clothes. I didn’t fit in anything yet, but it sure was nice a few weeks ago when I woke up and couldn’t fit in my pants anymore and I had a stack of maternity leggings ready for me! 

I felt soooo stupid at the maternity store buying clothes already but hey, whatever. I rarely see my family due to distance and my mom REALLY wanted/wants to be part of the pregnancy so it made her happy and I got some clothes out of it that I am SOOO thankful for now!

Post # 4
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Congratulations! My husband and I are huge researchers and have been doing a ton of research for the larger purchases (car seat, stroller, crib, etc). We didn’t even begin looking until closer to 16 weeks (and still aren’t decided at 21 weeks), so no way would we have been ready to buy anything big before then. But if you already know what you want, I don’t see how spreading out purchases over time is a bad thing. (Unless it would be too upsetting to you to have stuff around if something happened. I probably would wait, but that’s just me. We didn’t buy anything until 18 weeks, which was just a little outfit when we learned the gender. We’re slowly putting together a registry now).

Also, at 10 weeks I didn’t have a bump, but I was incredibly bloated, so like PP said, it’s not a bad time to start looking at some maternity clothes. I wouldn’t buy a ton, though, since you don’t know how things will fit, how you’ll carry later on, or what type of clothes you prefer. I got a pair of side panel shorts early on that were great, but now just feel like they’re always sliding down.

The topic ‘5 weeks today!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors