(Closed) 5-year-old choosing stepmom’s dress – WHAT?

posted 7 years ago in Parenting
Post # 3
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

yeah i remember that one – little snot didn’t want to budge!

Post # 4
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

Haha I take my six year old with me 🙂 But when we watched that episode together she was really annoyed at that girls behavior.

Post # 5
1559 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think I’ve seen that episode. I feel the same way about everyone, not just a 5-year-old. Too many women are people-pleasers, so they get bullied into making wedding decisions that aren’t their own. 

In the end, I hope she buys the dress she loves and ignores the step-daughters veto.

Post # 6
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I know that looks crazy from the outside, but I really think she was just trying to build a lasting relationship with the girls. It is a big day in her life, but I think in her mind she really was thinking in the future. It was her way of showing the girls that they mean a lot to her and that she wants to be good with them. I completely understand where she was coming from.

Post # 8
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

@Bubu82: haha I used to say the same thing! Then I met an amazing man with an amazing son. It’s still not easy!

Post # 9
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@Bubu82: ya maybe picking the shoes would have been a better option for her thought.

Sometimes I let my daughter pick my outfits (she is 5) and she always picks the most rediculous colourful things. But because I want her to know how much I love her, I will wear the red shirt with the brown pants and the purple sweater lol.

Post # 10
2262 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m glad to hear that she did end up picking her dream dress. I watched the first half of that episode, so I didn’t get to see the ending

The topic ‘5-year-old choosing stepmom’s dress – WHAT?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors