(Closed) 5 Year vow renewal ceremony

posted 6 years ago in Vow Renewals
Post # 3
9 posts
Newbee

I did. Went to the courthouse 6 months prior. Had a full wedding ceremony and reception later. I did everything including the dress, 12 groomsmen,12 bridemaids, decor, venue, everything lol

It was great and felt like we actually got married that day. My brother is a pastor so he read our nuptials but we didnt sign anything since our marriage license was completed 6 months prior.

Post # 5
594 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Cameshah:  hi ! i also had a court house wedding and will be planning our big wedding or as I call it party. 

I am also going “all out” as in wearing a white dress, etc etc but I am skipping a lot of traditional aspects of wedding.

Like the garter toss, cutting the cake, or even first dance with parents. No favors (because I have read a lot of comments that it was a waste). 

That is the beauty of having a wedding after a court house wedding, is that I feel less preassure and more relaxed about putting the party together, truly the way we want it. Also, other than a small meltdown on the partners side, the parents are not as demanding on tradition etc. 

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee

Hi! I got married July 18, 2008 and I too plan to have a 5 year vow renewal. I am planning my day like it’s my first time being married. There are no laws against that! I’ve dreamed about having an amazing, grand, wedding since I was 10 and nothing will stop me from getting just that. I say it’s your day, do as you please. I am doing all off the traditional things you would see at any wedding.  Best of luck with your planning! 

Post # 8
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Cameshah:  You may want to take a look at Roswell Rivers Landing, Cator Woolford Gardens for other venues.

Post # 9
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Cameshah:  My husband and I are doing a 10 year renewal in January and we are going all out! We got married at the courthouse as well, at the time both of us were in the military, so it was hard to plan a wedding. Now I’m out and my hubby is still in. I have the gown, BM’s, Groomsmen, Flower Girl, everything. I’m so excited! I don’t care what no one else think about it either…LOL.

Post # 10
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

GO FOR IT.  The planning can be a pain but ENJOY IT.  You will look at those pics over and over.

Post # 11
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I didn’t get married at the court house but it was at a church but it was similar to a court house ceremony, so now me and my husband are also planning a big ceremony for our five year anniversary. So good luck, and congrats on five years. It has been a long road for planning and everything but I think it’s going to be worth it. So go it!Laughing

Post # 12
116 posts
Blushing bee

I didn’t get married at the court house but it was at a church but it was similar to a court house ceremony, so now me and my husband are also planning a big ceremony for our five year anniversary. So good luck, and congrats on five years. It has been a long road for planning and everything but I think it’s going to be worth it. So go it!Laughing

Post # 13
116 posts
Blushing bee

Post # 14
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I didn’t get married in a courthouse, but our wedding was still on a less grand scale due to finances and timing. I am happy to say that I am currently planning a vow renewal for our 20th anniversary in 2015! We’re not going to do most of the things done in first weddings like garter and bouquet toss, bridal party, limos etc. What I am planning is a beutiful renewal of our vows in a venue with a separate space, just like a first wedding. I’m planning a Friday night, candlelit ceremony. We will skip a cocktail party and go right into a reception which is basically our anniversary party. I’m very excited to have a nicer venue than the first time, and can’t wait to find a beautiful, sexy dress to celebrate that I still got it 20 years later!

Good luck to all you “renewed” brides! Smile

The topic ‘5 Year vow renewal ceremony’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors