5 years – no proposal

posted 1 year ago in Relationships
Post # 2
5082 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2017

It’s time to move out. Sorry about your situation but he’s stalling big time and has 0 plans to marry you. Don’t waste another 4.5 years. Take this as a learning lesson- don’t uproot your life for a man, giving up everything in exchange for empty promises. You can do better! 

Post # 4
11095 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

kj0901 :  

Can you explain what he does when he gets ‘mean out of nowhere’?

Post # 5
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

honestly? if he attaches conditions, gets angry ‘out of nowehere’ and remembers things to hold against you in the next argument, why the hell do you want to marry him anyway?

Post # 6
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

You say that he is mean to you out of no where which causes fights and then you say mean things to him and that’s why he says he won’t marry you… Without knowing what is “mean” in this context or what kind of things you guys say to each other, this sounds to me like a toxic or at the very least, immature relationship. You guys need to sort out if you want to have a respectful grown up relationship or not, and if you do you need to both put the work into developing healthier communication.

Post # 8
386 posts
Helper bee

I think you need to take your time and get your relationship back on track first, this relationship doesn’t sound ready for marriage at all. Do you want to make it work still?? 

Post # 10
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2023

kj0901 :  I don’t like people too close to my space especially if I’m tired, hot or not feeling well. That’s not uncommon at all. Lots of people don’t like others, right up against them. 

Post # 11
2456 posts
Buzzing bee

Controlling much? 

Post # 14
584 posts
Busy bee

I understand where your coming from. We have been together almost 6 years and I’m waiting and waiting. I don’t know what the problem is at this point. We talk about getting married next year, I’m just waiting for the damn ring and it’s under $1,000. So $ isn’t the issue. He has said that to me in the past as well after a fight. I need to change this or that first. That really makes me lose my shit lmao. 

I don’t think your crazy. I think we all have communication issues and counseling prob wouldn’t hurt. 🙂

Good luck Bee…..I’m here to vent if need be. 

Post # 15
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

Soon2BMrsFredericks :  the ring shouldn’t be used as a bargaining chip to get you to do what he wants. 

If there are issues you need to work on, he should encourage you to work on those, not demand you change if you want the shiny rock you’re looking for. 

In a healthy relationship people bring out the best in each other and push each other to be their best, but they don’t demand it and they don’t force each other to earn their partners commitment.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors