50+ cycles, still a chance for pregnancy?

posted 1 week ago in TTC
Post # 16
491 posts
Helper bee

gimmepretty :  Oh yeah, I remember now – the husband is jealous of the OP’s brother and wouldn’t consider adopting since he’s apparently entitled to having a child of “his own blood”, even if it’s detrimental to his wife’s mental health.

Post # 18
906 posts
Busy bee

Yikes I didn’t read prior threads but it sounds like a disaster. 
Anyway OP if you really want a baby and you’re not just trying to get pregnant because your husband is pressuring you, I’d recommend you find a better doctor. What is the mediation you’re on? I have PCOS as well and the first line of treatment is letrozole. There needs to be monitoring of your cycle, whether it’s with ultrasounds and bloodwork or through temping on your own. OPKs are not reliable with PCOS. Your doctor sounds like he’s giving you lip service. How does he know you’re ovulating and that your eggs are mature? That’s not something that can be ascertained without at least an ultrasound. It’s alarming that the nurse said she didn’t know if you were having a miscarriage but then did no follow up. I’m not sure where you are located but that sounds like inadequate medical care. 

Post # 20
906 posts
Busy bee

Viviana2 :  yeah that’s why I responded. Like I said, I have PCOS. I take letrozole and it induces ovulation. So there’s my “success story.” How did he know you’re ovulating? 

Post # 21
2124 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Viviana2 :  I’m sorry to hear that. I am on the max dose daily of 2,000 mg. I don’t know what dose you’re on. But you’re right, not every drug will work the same for every body. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors