(Closed) 50 days till the wedding and NO DRESS!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would call the salon and ask them about alterations.  Make sure they will be able to rush the alterations for you.  Fingers crossed for you.

Post # 5
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

If I were you I would call the salon again, and tell them in a very kind but also FIRM way that you are worried and that you need their assurance that they will make sure to have everything (Alterations, etc) ready for you at least a week before your wedding day.

Good luck! I’m sure everything will turn out ok, this probably isn’t the first time they’ve had to deal with rush orders.

Post # 6
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@mrskisstobe: Did they tell you that they can hem your dress? because it looks a bit complex to me. Also aside from hem, you might need work done on the sides as well as bustle.. Can you ask them to rush your order? You would have to pay more for that but it would be worth the peace of mind

Post # 7
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper

That dress is freaking stunning!

Post # 9
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper

My alterations took a month, but that was with plenty of time to spare so I was relaxed about it.  I would give them a call and ask them to send you an email guaranteeing you they can get the alterations done in time.  Usually the final fitting is just a few weeks before the wedding.  The hem line is complicated, but they are professionals and I am sure with the time constraints it shouldn’t be a problem.  You will just want to be bumped to the front of the pack of other dresses they are doing.

Post # 11
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@mrskisstobe:

I think it depends on the seamstress. My ceremony dress took a week, maybe even less! I just got it friday and had placed an order on the 4th of April with my wedding being a few days after yours, but I know LA is a different beast than IA I’m guessing?

Good luck!! Hope to know how it went. 

Post # 13
7689 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@mrskisstobe:  I hope so!  We only had 3 weeks to do alterations, due to a death in the family, you should be okay.

The topic ‘50 days till the wedding and NO DRESS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors