(Closed) 50 days to go, my 10-02-10 bees! What are you doing this weekend?!?!

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@oracle – I’m a 10/09/10 bride but have a bunch of crafty plans for the weekend as well! Hopefully I will find the time in between moving and painting our new apartment. I’m glad our LDR of 5 1/2 years is ending but the timing of this move is tough! Anyways, the list:

-print and send menu cards to RSVP ‘yes’ guests

-finish tissue paper pomander pew decorations 

-make ribbon cocktail flags

-finish DIY rhinestone-ing shoes (this project is actually super-fun!)

-buy a border craft punch to jazz up the menus I made (they’re boooorrring)

-buy some bamboo knitting needles because, like an idiot, I’m continuing with the plan to knit each bridesmaid a shawl. Insane.

That’s my list. Good luck to you and everyone else tackling wedding projects this weekend!

Post # 4
131 posts
Blushing bee

This weekend I did NOTHING 🙂 I was finishing up a vacation where I spent 2 weeks not thinking about our wedding. It was awesome. But, now I’m in full swing. Next I will tackle:

shopping for attendants’ and parents’ gifts

rehearsal dinner menu

conversation with DJ to discuss reception details

make a list for the photographers of must-take photos, and a timeline of our day

see which girls want their hair/nails done

get excited for my bachelorette party 🙂

Post # 5
115 posts
Blushing bee

I have NO idea!I’m such a scatter brain, I can’t get it together lately! 

I have to Still figure out ceremony music. -my 8 year old brother is supposed to play here comes the bride on piano, but I was over the house the other day, and…I don’t think he’s going to have it figured out in time =(  We had a 1st dance song, but think we decided it wouldn’t work at the beginning of the night (it was Save the last Dance by the Drifters). What will he walk out to? my girls?  Recessional?  Entrance….UGH!!!!!

I have to square away centerpieces.

Lock down the menu-EXACTLY.

I have a million things I should do, but probably won’t.  Just overwhelmed and over worked that when I get home, I’m pooped!

Post # 6
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

i didnt do anything because my shower was saturday and i spent all day yesterday trying to fit the couple things i didnt leave at my parents into our one bedroom apartment!!

Post # 7
549 posts
Busy bee

We had a very successful wedding weekend… it was great!!

We:

– bought my purse for the wedding,

– fancy wedding underwear (haha),

– worked on our frames for the ceremony (we bought picture frames from Ikea and are painting them our wedding colours, and putting in photos, names and wedding dates of family and friends to line the aisle!)

-bought our parent’s gifts

– bought the rest of the supplies for our children’s table bags

– started choreographing our first dance

– had my first dress fitting (and I managed to fit into it, when it didnt fit a month ago… YIPPEE!!)

– had our food tasting (DELICIOUS!) and made menu choices!

it was a very successful weekend overall!! Next weekend is my bridal shower, so that’s a big thing, super excited about it!!  We also have to meet with our organist tonight to select ceremony music, continue to work on our first dance, finish up the picture frames and buy gifts for my bridesmaids (at the salon when I get my hair done on Friday!!) It’s coming up so quickly!!

Post # 8
1165 posts
Bumble bee

We are going this weekend to get our wedding rings and tuxedos. All we have left to do after that is get our marriage license, and we are good to go. So excited, just wish it weren’t still 5 weeks away!

Post # 9
69 posts
Worker bee

This weekend I’m working on a card box and finishing the moss initals I’ve been working on.  I need to find paper for the programs, but at least I already have the rough draft ready to go.  Hobby Lobby here I come!  I need to find a hairdresser now that I found out mine won’t be able to do my hair.  Rats. 

The topic ‘50 days to go, my 10-02-10 bees! What are you doing this weekend?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors