(Closed) 50 person wedding….WHAT TO FEED THEM!

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Where is the wedding?  Will it be at a restaurant or otherwise catered? Time of day?  Budget per person?

Post # 4
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

We had three plated options:  chicken cordon bleu, roast beef (gluten free), and a pasta primavera (meat-free)… why not check with your caterer or venue and see what they reccommend?

Post # 5
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

We are Southern (well I am, my Fiance is a Texan) so it was natural for us to serve BBQ for our small, informal wedding reception.  Most local BBQ joints sell meat by the pound and/or provide catering at ridiculously cheap prices.  Add a salad and a veggie dish for the vegetarians and call it a day.  Ours is only costing us $12 a head for three entree meats, three sides, garlic toast, and full setups of trays with butane as well as plates, napkins, and utensils.

Post # 6
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Oh and Italian restaurants also sell trays of food that are bargain priced compared to a traditional caterer.  Usually $18-30 per tray with each tray serving 12-20 people depending on the food item.

Post # 7
8041 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

You can’t go wrong w. Southern classics. Fried chicken? YUM! And one veggie option, maybe a pasta or something.

I’d stay away from fish as I am sure about as many will like it as not like it.

I’d also serve some salad – worst case if someone doesn’t want to meat or veggie option, then they can eat that. Don’t want hungry guests.

I think that a wedding isn’t necessarily the time to try something new or adventurous or too fancy (unless you are paying like $200/head which is kinda ridiculous). I have yet to truly enjoy food at any wedding I’ve been to, TBH.

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2006

@CrysDawn:  I told you pasta a veggy one can be made and put into the fridge for keeping cool until ready to put out for guest. We just have to figure out the non veggy one lol cause i eat meat! love ya sissy 

The topic ‘50 person wedding….WHAT TO FEED THEM!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors