(Closed) 50 Shades of Benjamin Moore Gray Paint

posted 4 years ago in Home
Post # 32
1392 posts
Bumble bee

We have a ton of paint swaps at our house so I could probably find these colors… Actually, maybe you could take a pic of them?

Anyway, I think lighter grays are nicer. I hate it when rooms are dark or feel small. 

Post # 33
894 posts
Busy bee

OK so I know you wanted a grey option but Im going suggest something a little more crazy; a very pale purple.

Something like “dreamy cloud” or “antique pearl”. Theyre very pale and cool and suggest a grey, but the extra little color actually matches smoothly with almost anything you throw around it. This is how my parents new house walls are colored and it’s subtle and calming, an alternative to the white. Something too cool will look too…hygenic? hospital? and someting too warm won’t give much of that refreshing/light feeling. That’s why the purple is something neautral in that sense.

Ofcourse you would have to paint swatches on the wall to see what you feel most comfortable with. Again, I know you wanted grey, im sorry! Completely ignore this if it’s no use to you

(Interior Design student)

Post # 35
3221 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

TheGridMonster:  Fiance and I argue all the time about what colours are. If you showed him a swatch of something light grey-ish with a teensy bit of a pale purple hue cut away from the rest of the swatch card – and didn’t mention any p-words that end in ‘-urple’ or any “l-‘ words that end in ‘-avender’ he may LOVE it! Just saying. Don’t let the name get in his way!

Post # 36
894 posts
Busy bee

TheGridMonster:  Aww lol! Alright. 

Then in that case I suggest Horizon , a little lighter is more refreshing in my opinion 🙂

This is a photo of it

Post # 37
2573 posts
Sugar bee

TheGridMonster:  Revere pewter is the most versitile color out there I am pretty sure it works in almost every house.

We went with Escarpment from benjamin moore and I love the color it’s a softer grey and looks great with our white trim. Might be a bit dark though if you want something really light.

I think it the US the color has a different name but is available

Post # 38
2573 posts
Sugar bee

Here is our main floor in the same color this is move in day so our furniture wasn’t in yet

Post # 39
346 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I have revere pewter in a bathroom.  Contrary to what a lot of people here are saying I do find it very beigey much more than grey.  It is in a bathroom with minimal light so that might play a role.  Paint some swatches on your walls that’s the easiest way.   I have behr pensive sky in my mud room and powder room which is a pretty light grey With a tint of blue.

Post # 40
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

TheGridMonster:  I have my house painted in a) revere pewter, b) edgecomb grey, and c) light pewter all by ben moore. Revere pewter is less beigey than the edgecomb grey. The light pewter is the lightest and most grey of them all. They are all, however, very similar. Pics posted below. 

Dining room & Living Room – Revere Pewter

Bedroom – Edgecomb Grey

Guest Room – Light Pewter

Post # 41
2573 posts
Sugar bee

Sheryl0013:  Revere pewter is considered a griege (grey/biege) so if you have alot of grey/ black/ white in your room it will look more grey. If your furniture and surrounding items are more neutral or of a brown/ beige color then the paint will look more beige.

Even when you search that color all the pictures online tend to look different picture to picture. I was going to do this color in my house but I didn’t want to chance it looking beige.

A great place to look at pictures for paint colors is Houzz

Post # 42
346 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

sway0060:  funny thing,  my bathroom is all white ( white tub, white vanity, white topper, white toilet, white flooring, white baseboard) With teal and grey accepts.  Still very beigey much more than I probably would have hoped especially since I have minimal light.  Now if it’s a bright sunny day and I have all the bedroom sheers opened and the bathroom window blinds pulled up much more grey.  I honestly think it has to do with light refractions with natural light vs artificial more so than what I actually have in the room.  My bedroom which is attached is painted “watery” so it’s definitely not pulling the brown tones from my bright airy room.  It’s alright though,  it’s just paint :))

if if you look at pictures online almost all of them that are very grey appearing with the same exact color are when there is a ton of natural light coming in…. Rarely do they ever show pictures of what it looks like with min light. 

Post # 43
4061 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

You might want to try Fushion Grey,

i have it in my dining room, here’s some pics, sounds like something u would like 

Post # 45
11525 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

misspj3:  by any chance is your sofa from Macy’s? It looks just like our sectional we got there, in Otter, which looks amazing with griege, gray, or taupe walls. 

Re paint colors: it’s all about the light. Even a difference in bulbs will change temperature of a color. The reason decorators rely on revere pewter is because it doesn’t go wild in either direction even when the light changes in a room for day to evening, chandelier to fluorescent, etc. 

It also depends on what’s around the color, like doing white balance when taking a pic/video.

The topic ‘50 Shades of Benjamin Moore Gray Paint’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors