50 shades of house color grey ?

posted 1 year ago in Home
Post # 16
2497 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

toolate81 :  Umm, they all have a blue-ish tint to me. But this could be my screen. Still, I think it all depends on what you prefer.  Do you prefer more warm colors like red/pink/yellow? Or do you gravitate toward cooler colors like blue and green?  I prefer a perfectly neutral gray as I can’t stand blue on/in my house. But I also don’t like yellow-toned or pink-toned grays. Lastly, go one or two shades lighter than you think you need. 

Post # 17
1513 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

toolate81 :  Our house is the third from the left although I never thought of it as gray. My 3 year old son calls it the blue house. I actually like the fourth from the left best out of all your swatches.

Post # 18
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

toolate81 :  I agree with PP, they all look blue to me. I like Silver Bullet from Behr.

Post # 19
1361 posts
Bumble bee

Those all have a pretty strong blue undertone. Are you okay with the house looking blue in certain lighting?

Post # 20
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Tizer Gardens/Carroll College

toolate81:  What color is your soffit? That looks brown to me. I would have a hard time going with a blue-grey with your soffit is brown.

Remember to paint a swatch on all walls so you can get an idea on what it will look like in all lights.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors