500 bucks each for a shower?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 61
12128 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

pearlybaker  I don’t know. These women obviously believe they are in charge so I would let them figure the logistics out for themselves. I can just about guarantee that you offering  to research other venues and ways to cut costs will not go over well.

I would honestly keep it direct and simple. I’m comfortable contributing X. I think a perfect follow up would be your offer to do invitations, design, DIY, etc. Don’t be too surprised if they have their own ideas there as well.

Post # 62
411 posts
Helper bee

Me if you asked for $500 for a bridal shower…

Image result for bridesmaids bridal shower scene

Post # 63
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

pearlybaker :  That’s crazy! I don’t understand why you need an “event” for a shower. I can’t believe the others would be on board with this cost. I don’t understand why the shower isn’t at someone’s house. Every shower I have been to has been a chill affair, usually at the Maid/Matron of Honor or Mother of the bride’s place.

Post # 64
8323 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

pearlybaker : 

That sounds more than generous both in wording and $$ !

Keep an eye on the bachelorette though , or the same thing  may happen . I’d try and have a group talk and make sure it is not going to be a couple of the more  more well-heeled ones saying  “sure, $3,000 each sounds fine, I’ve always wanted to go to the Bahamas ….”  

Post # 65
867 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

elderbee :  100% agree!

I’m also curious to know details about the wedding itself if this is what she expects for a shower..

Post # 66
6810 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

Any response yet from the MOH? 

Post # 68
640 posts
Busy bee

pearlybaker :  WHATTTTTTTTT. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ASKED YOU TO PAY FOR THIS!!!!!! This is actually insane. These people are RUDE. 

Post # 71
9130 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

pearlybaker :  No fuck that.  $200 is MORE than generous for a combination of shower contribution + gift.  Tell her that continues to be your limit.

Post # 72
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Ugh. I dont get why people dont just host showers at homes. If Mother-In-Law or whatever wants  a restaurant venue then she can foot the bill! I just threw a kick ass boozy shower (handle of premium vodka, CASE of prosecco, delicious foods) for my friend…. and we paid 100$ each (5 of us). And a group gift thing is silly…. I would probably just pay the 250 to avoid drama.

Post # 73
184 posts
Blushing bee

Oh hell no! You stated your budget. Stick up for yourself and reiterate your budget as £200! Maid/Matron of Honor is totally disregarding you. She might have money, but she’s totally without class. £200 or nothing… put your foot down now, or watch those costs get nudged up closer to the time! Xx

Post # 75
1738 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

pearlybaker :  No way! That is ridiculous. I second scissorgirl :  how she phrased the reply is perfect. Polite yet firm, and willing to help with reasonable requests. Good luck – I’m sure that this is going to be the first of many offenses made by the Maid/Matron of Honor

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors