(Closed) $500 Budget for a Ring

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 47
2070 posts
Buzzing bee

@jessjlstar: If you’re open to pre-owned rings, I think you should check out Diamond Bistro. Pre-owned rings will get you more for your money and it’s always enviornmentally friendly to recycle! These all come in under your budget.

The three things I will say are to make sure to read all the fine print about the seller’s return policy, figure whether sizing the ring would be a problem if it’s not already in your size, and be sure to discuss any concerns you may have with the seller.

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/37260/Vintage-18k-WG-diamond-french-cut-sapphires-ring.html (vintage-style with diamonds and sapphires)

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/36902/Red-65TCW-14kWG-Ring.html (3-stone .65TCW diamonds)

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/218/Moissanite-Center-Stone/listings/35662/Reduced-6mm-FB-Cushion-Moissy-E-ring.html (6mm moissanite)

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/218/Moissanite-Center-Stone/listings/37272/8mm-Moissanite-Solitaire.html (8mm/2ct equivalent moissanite)

Post # 49
57 posts
Worker bee

@JessicaJupiter:  Your ring is GORGEOUS! What kind of center stone is that, if you don’t mind me asking? I love the lavender cast it is giving off!

Post # 50
3076 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

@lavenderstone:  I second the notion of a pre-owned ring, lots of pretty and good deals out there.

It’s like driving a car off of the lot–you’ll never be able to seel that car for nearly what you paid fo rit. Same for these rings, so you as the buyer take advantage of that.

Post # 51
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@morrisonlives:  It is an aquamarine stone, it normally looks very pale blue but whenever I take a picture of it there are so many colours popping out!

Post # 53
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I have expensive taste on a modest budget. Check out ebay, pawn shops, and used jewelry stores. Buy for the stone and NOT the ring. You can have it reset, and get a credit for whatever metal was melted down (gold, platinum, etc)

I didn’t go this route, but we went to gold and silver exchanges for my fiance’s band and I saw some awesome pieces. Gold prices are at an all time high, so when the retail stores add their mark up you are getting KILLED!

Post # 54
8 posts
Newbee

let me tell you.. creativity is the best thing I can tell you when it comes to getting what you want. I bought my stting on enay for $162 dollars. 14k gold with high quality pave dianomonds in a halo type setting. Then I went to a high quality CZ dealer that I know from pevious purchases and bought my 1.25 carat center stone for like $15 including shipping. then I paid  local respected jeweler $50 to put it all togther. so for $227 I hasd a killer ring.

I would like to point out that the local big name respected jeweler told me the ring was STUNNING and the CZ was so top quality that i should just forgo replacng it with anything real because NO ONE even his employees had the slightest clue it was a CZ until it was tested with a probe…it was that good a quality. I actually had  lady in the jewelry store shopping walk over when we were admiring it after setting it and ask me where did i find it because she didn’t see anything like it in the store.

Post # 56
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My ring cost $450. It’s a .75 round, unenhanced moissanite. The price has gone up since we got engaged, but the website might be a good place to look around. It was a big lose soon after we got it, so we had to have it tightened but I’m told that’s normal. Otherwise we haven’t had any issues and I’ve had it just over 2 years now and wear it for everythign but rock climbing and some swimming. I also have a pair of moissanite earrings from the same place. I don’t wear them as often, but they’re over a year old now and doing great. You can definitey get something beautiful in that range, good luck!

http://www.moissanitediamond.com/Moissanite-14k-White-Gold-Half-Bezel-Round-Solitaire-.aspx

Post # 59
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@jessjlstar:  I love mine, it’s perfect for my lifestyle. My husband and I (though more me :P) are really into being frual and spending money and experiences instead of things, so I was excited about an affordable option. Also, aside from the actual sticker price I don’t appreciate the artifical, inflated price of diamonds, because I really like to get good deals on quality things.

On the other hand, I wanted an e-ring, with a white stone probably because that is what my mom (and everyone else) has, and what I had always pictured. Also, my favorite color is white. 

I know they are perfectly environmentally friendly, but I do enjoy that they aren’t mined, which to me seemed like a good option, since I try to be more and more eco friendly, as I can. 

I haven’t had any quality problems so far. She is so sparkily, and I love seeing her in new and different lights and admiring her sparkilyness.

As you can see, I am a solitaire person, I really wanted something simple. I think the halo you are looking at is lovely, and if it suits your style then you should go for it! It’s hard to decide because there are SO many options and it’s such a long term comittment. One thing that helped me was my RHR. My husband actually found a broken ring on a reef years before we met. It was passed around his family for a while and when we started getting serious his aunt gave it to me. It is in my runner up style, so I felt like I could get my simpler style in good conscience. You can’t really see that well, but here they are together (with my husband’s band). While you’ll have your e-ring forever, you can always get another if you find you want one.  

Post # 60
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@Tess63110:  I absolutely am seriously crushing on your ring!!! Just beautiful. 

Post # 62
57 posts
Worker bee

@jessjlstar:  When compared closely to a diamond, my sapphire does look whiter and not as transparent. Hazy or cloudy aren’t the right words because I think they have a negative connotation to them but it definitely has more color than a diamond. When I have the ring on my finger it gives off quite a bit of sparkle, especially in lower light and overcast days. In my opinion diamonds are too clear, I love my sapphire because the stone itself has character.

The topic ‘$500 Budget for a Ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors